Florida's New Budget Earmarks $100 Million of Bonds for Everglades
- Reclaiming a bigger slice. // NEA Today;Apr97, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the coalition to `Reclaim Education's Share' of the budget, back to 40 percent share of 1980s in Florida. Members of the coalition and its aim.
- An Education Wish List With a Multibillion-Dollar Bill Attached. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH EAST p56
Reports on public finance conditions of Florida as of March 3, 2003. Amount of funds required for public education under constitutional amendments approved by voters in November 2002; Provisions of various amendments regarding public education; Variation of the state's revenues during 1998-2001.
- Florida agrees on cuts. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the decision of the Florida Legislature on December 6, 2001 to approve the budget cuts needed to balance the 2002 state budget. Amount of the budget cut; Decision of the Legislature to delay a tax cut for investors until 2004; Reason for the decline in state revenues in 2001.
- N.J. jumps on rail after Fla. passes the buck. Arney, Joe // njbiz;3/21/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that Florida Governor Rick Scott turned down the 2.4-billion-dollar stimulus funding for high-speed passenger rail.
- Report: Floridians Spent $66 Billion On Personal Health Care in 1999. // Best's Review;Aug2001, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p19
Reports increase in the personal health-care expenditures in Florida. Trends in health-care expenditures from year 1992 to 1999; Impact of the number of elderly residents and Medicare beneficiaries on health-care costs; Comparison of the expenditure of Florida with the other states.
- Marketing the Sunshine State. Medina, Kerry // Travel Agent;10/8/2001, Vol. 305 Issue 11, p42
Details the impact of terrorist attacks on the tourist trade in Florida. Reduction of cruise ship passengers; Plan of urging residents to vacation locally; Revision of state budget.
- Republicans at the Trough. Bridges, Tyler // Washington Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the `pork' or `turkeys' projects of politicians that get funded because of their political clout or as a political reward. Why Republicans like to spend money as much as Democrats; Other states that use pork to maintain their political ties; Beneficiaries of turkeys; Programs that...
- Jacksonville wins dredged disposal funding. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar1999, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the 1999 federal funding for the Jacksonville Port Authority in Florida to increase its dredged disposal capacity. Source of fund; Benefit of the project.
- Florida Sets $149 Million Refunding for Preservation Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31813, p28
Reports that the state of Florida is preparing for a bond sale to refinance debt sold for the state's Preservation 2000 Program. Intention of refunding the Series 1996A Preservation 2000 revenue bonds through the Series 2004A bonds; Adviser for the said financial transaction; Amount of...