Commission Ready to Drop Suit vs. Minnesota Twins, MLB
- Clarification. // U.S. News & World Report;5/8/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 17, p9
A clarification regarding the article "Playing With a Fine Fury," which was published in the April 24, 2006 issue is presented.
- Old-timers want part of baseball's diamonds. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;5/13/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the class-action lawsuit, filed by retired Major League Baseball players, to recover lost pension benefits and royalties. Claims of the retirees; Name of court where the complaint was filed; Allegations against the MLB; Views of Ron Katz, the attorney who is representing the former...
- Squeeze Play. McCann, Michael; BECHTEL, MARK; BEECH, MARK // Sports Illustrated;4/1/2013, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p20
The article considers a lawsuit filed by Major League Baseball against Biogenesis of America, an anti-aging clinic in Florida suspected of supplying baseball players with performance-enhancing drugs.
- Drew wants free agency. // Sports Illustrated;03/23/98, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p25
Reports that on March 24, 1998 an arbitrator will begin hearing a grievance filed by the Major League Baseball Players Association that could make J.D. Drew a free agent instead of sending him back into the June draft. Why Drew is not a common name to baseball fans; Comments about Drew's...
- ESPN pitches suit at baseball. Dempsey, John // Variety;05/10/99, Vol. 374 Issue 12, p135
Reports that ESPN cable network is filing a lawsuit against Major League Baseball (MLB) of the United States for its attempt to terminate its six-year contract with the network at the end of the 1999 season. MLB's unwillingness to allow ESPN to shift several night games to ESPN2; Conflict of...
- Baseball rhubarb settled. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/99, Vol. 129 Issue 51, p129
Reports on the settlement of the contract-related legal dispute between cable television network ESPN and the Major League Baseball. Background on ESPN's lawsuit filed against the league; Details of the settlement deal.
- ESPN: MLB urged surcharge on ops. Donohue. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by cable television network ESPN and the Major League Baseball against each other. Case background; Baseball league's termination of ESPN's broadcast rights contract.
- Hardball. Pierce, Charles P. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p67
Focuses on the father and son tandem of Vince and Mike Piazza. Mike as the Rookie of the year in the National League; Nepotism rumors on Mike Piazzi; Plan of Vince to buy San Francisco Giants; Suit filed against Major League Baseball.
- Minnesota Twins. Miller, Scott // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p49
No abstract available.