Illinois Forgoes Rating From S&P on Triple-A SRF Deal
- Illinois jacks up development finance authority's debt capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p7
Reports on Illinois state lawmakers' approval of proposals to increase the Illinois Development Finance Authority's borrowing capacity and make it easier for non-home-rule cities to seek approval to levy a sales tax for infrastructure. Approval during traditional fall veto session; $1 billion...
- Illinois Is Showing Faith. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p1
Reports on the approval of faith-based organizations in the U.S. to act as issuer for their proposed bond transactions granted by the Illinois Development Finance Authority (IDFA) as of February 2003. IDFA approval to the Salvation Army for a multi-million dollar bond sale; Other organizations...
- IDFA maneuvers to stay in business until its debt cap climbs. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p36
Reports that the Illinois Development Finance Authority has approved eight revenue bond deals. Structure of the deals under the state-imposed borrowing limits; Increase of the debt cap of the state.
- Illinois Development Agency's Board Expands Its Roster. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Indicates that the Illinois Development Finance Authority board will soon grow in size from 15 to 17 members. Aspects of legislation signed by Governor George Ryan; Aim to accommodate the wishes of Republican Senate President James Philip who represents a DuPage County district.
- ILLINOIS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the approval given by the Illinois Development Finance Authority to Illinois Power Co.'s proposed $ 186 million refunding bond issue. Speculation related to the pricing of the deal in May 2001; Refund of pollution control bands issued in 1993 and 1987 that financed projects at the...
- State, investors work in concert to fund music software startup. Cahill, Joseph B. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the venture capital fund entitled Illinois Development Finance Authority (IDFA) which helped to finance Harmonic Vision Incorporated. Amount of money the fund raised; Amount of money IDFA allocated for investment; What the company will use the money for; Use of a Harmonic deal as an...
- No More Snags Seen for Planned $230 million Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p40
Reports on Evanston Northwestern Healthcare's plan to move forward with its proposed $230 million bond sale in late 2001 after the Illinois Development Finance Authority gave its final approval to revisions in the issue. Structure and pricing of Evanston Northwestern's bonds.
- Illinois Agency Continues to Expand Role as Conduit Issuer. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p48
Reports on the expansion of the role of the Illinois Development Finance Authority as conduit bond issuer. University of Chicago's plan to borrow $ 250 million new-money and refunding transaction through the agency; Number of private state colleges already served by the development finance...
- Illinois development chief's trip spending is probed. Goldsmith, Steve; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30473, p40
Focuses on the investigation being conducted by state police in Chicago, Illinois on Illinois Development Finance Authority executive director Bobby J. Wilkerson regarding alleged misuse of state funds. Impact of investigation on Illinois Development Finance Authority's bond issues; Wilkerson's...