NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Hume, Lynn; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p2
Presents news briefs related to developments in the securities industry of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Trend observed in the sales at the retailers in May 2003; Decrease in the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in business inventories in the month of April.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p2
Presents news-briefs related to the U.S. public finance market as of November, 2002. Rise in the third-quarter gross domestic product of the year; Increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington D.C.; Economic condition of the New York City; Volume of help-wanted advertisements...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of July 2001. Applications for state unemployment benefits; Performance of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index; Expansion in the non-manufacturing economic activity.
- Labor market shows signs of healing. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;8/7/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decrease of the number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits in the U.S. Impact of economic recession on unemployment insurance; Percentage increase of the orders for goods; Accounts on the positive attitude of investors towards profits.
- Jobless Claims Drop 43,000 to 317,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32032, p2
This article reports that according to the data released by the U.S. Labor Department on December 16, 2004, first-time applications for state unemployment benefits plunged by 43,000 to 317,000 in the week ended December 11, 2004. The dramatic 43,000 drop in jobless claims was the largest drop in...
- Fed's Bullard Worried About Oil; Jobless Claims Rise. JED GRAHAM // Investors Business Daily;1/14/2016, p00
The article reports on the worry for oil prices and the increase of jobless claims in the U.S. Topics discussed include the high initial jobless benefits claims in the country, the depressing inflation, the decline of import prices, the changes in crude oil prices, and the increase of the...
- Fed's Bullard Worried About Oil; Jobless Claims Rise. GRAHAM, JED // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2016, p102
The article reports on the worry of the federal government on the decline of oil prices and the rise of jobless benefits claims in the U.S. in 2016. Topics discussed include the decrease of imported goods prices fue to decreasing oil prices, possible delay of oil inflation, increase in job...
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32356, p2
The article presents news briefs in the U.S. Data from the Department of Labor showed that applications for state unemployment benefits fell from 5,000 to a seasonally adjusted 299,000 in the week ended April 1, 2006. The Treasury Department sold the 91-day and 18-day discount bills in the...
- DEFICIT SPENDING. // Business North Carolina;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p18
Several charts are presented including one that highlights the debt several U.S. states owe the federal government to fund unemployment benefits, another one which shows the amount of money North Carolina has paid in benefits compared to the amount of taxes it has collected and a comparison of...