New York City Wants to Swap, And Big Savings Could Result
- New Jersey state laws hinder localities' attempts to swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p31
Reports on the ambiguity of New Jersey laws on interest rate swapping and its effect on the state's finance. Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority's experience in selling option on an interest rate swap; Provision of state agencies with the right to sell options on interest rate swaps;...
- Tennessee updates statutes to clearly spell out swap powers. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p30
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers have agreed to retool state law to include explicit language allowing municipalities to enter into interest rate swaps. Authority of swaps on the books; Provisions of the guidelines.
- MPs want swap sale probe. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;5/3/2012, p24
The article reports that Members of Parliament are getting ready to file an official request to the British Treasury select committee to roll out an investigation into the potential misselling of interest rate swaps.
- Pa. Talk: It's Time to End Swaps. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;1/14/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33844, p1
The article informs that the lawmakers of Pennsylvania have picked up an argument over the interest-rate swap transactions conducted by the U.S. Municipalities. It mentions that the lawmakers are against with this swap practice as they are tackling with the complex derivative deals. It also...
- Maryland Gives Itself and Its Counties the Power to Swap. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p3
Maryland governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. has signed a legislation that will grant swap authority to the state and its counties and permit the state to issue negotiated and variable-rate bonds. The legislation SB 319 also authorizes some state bonds to be sold via private negotiation and in...
- N.Y.C. Pushing for Legislation That Would Bring $66M in Savings in Fiscal 2005. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p28
Reports that legislative measures that New York City is asking the state and federal government to enact would product debt service savings in fiscal 2005. Variable interest-rate swaps on fixed-rate debt; Advance refunding on the city's debt; Appeal to eradicate the debt cap on the New York...
- Ad-Hoc Group Proposes Legislation To Allow Issuers to Use Swaps, Hedges. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32568, p5
The article provides updates on the request of an ad-hoc group to use financial products in Texas. The ad-hoc group of financial advisers, bond attorneys and investment bankers is asking legislation that would clear the way for local government in the state to use interest-rate swaps and hedging...
- All Eyes on Thursday's Detroit Swaps Ruling. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34045, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Steven Rhodes will announce his ruling on interest-rate swap settlement in one of the most closely watched decisions of the city's historic bankruptcy case of Detroit, Michigan in January 2014.
- Swaps compression tools drawing buy-side attention. Watkins, Jon // Ai Trade News;2014, p1
The article focuses on the expectations of the LCH.Clearnet, European based clearinghouse, to see decline in the notional value of interest rate swaps (IRS), with uptake of over-the-counter (OTC) compression service. Topics discussed include respite given to buyside firms from new rules as part...