Direct Magnitude Estimates of Speech Intelligibility in Dysarthria: Effects of a Chosen Standard
- Residual Effects of Preschool Phonology Disorders in Grade School, Adolescence, and Adulthood. Lewis, Barbara A.; Freebairn, Lisa // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Aug92, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p819
Presents a study which examined the performance of people with a history of a preschool phonology disorder on measures of phonology, reading and spelling at grade school age, adolescence and adulthood. Method; Results and discussion.
- phonological disability. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1775
A definition of the term "phonological disability," which refers to developmental phonological disorders, is presented.
- phonological disorder. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1775
A definition of the term "phonological disorder," which refers to a disorder in which a person does not use speech sounds appropriate for age and dialect, is presented.
- Acoustic Characteristics of /s/ in Adolescents. Flipsen Jr., Peter; Shriberg, Lawrence // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun1999, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p663
Presents information on a study which constructed a reference database against which misarticulations of /s/ can be compared. Acoustic descriptions of /s/; Spectra of /s/; Results and discussion.
- Listener Comprehension of Severely Dysarthric Speech: Effects of Linguistic Cues and Stimulus Cohesion. Hustad, Katherine C.; Beukelman, David R. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p545
This study is the second in a two-part series examining the effects of linguistic variables on listener processing of dysarthric speech. The first study (see K. C. Hustad & D. R. Beukelman, 2001) examined the effects of experimentally imposed topic cues, alphabet cues, and combined cues along...
- The Interaction of Ambient Frequency and Feature Complexity in the Diphthong Errors of Children With Phonological Disorders. Stokes, Stephanie F.; Tse-Kay Lau, Jessica; Ciocca, Valter // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p1188
Presents information on a study that examined the interaction of ambient frequency and feature complexity in the diphthong errors produced by Cantonese-speaking children with phonological disorders. Research method; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Prologue: Perspectives in the Assessment of Children's Speech. Williams, A. Lynn // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p211
Focuses on the efficacy of phonological intervention that is rooted in the assessment of speech disorder, its nature, characteristics, severity and prognosis for improvement. Role of theory in the assessment framework; Basis for the selection of treatment targets.
- articulation disorder. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p193
A definition of the term "articulation disorder," which pertains to the inability to produce speech sounds correctly, is presented.
- Feature Analysis of Segmental Errors in Children With Phonological Disorders. Forrest, Karen; Morrisette, Michele L. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb1999, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p187
Presents a feature analysis of segmental errors in children with phonological disorders. Methods; Statistical analysis; Results; Discussion.