Speech Segmentation by Native and Non-Native Speakers: The Use of Lexical, Syntactic, and Stress-Pattern Cues
- PROBABILISTIC PAIRS AND GROUPS OF WORDS IN A TEXT. Meetham, A. R. // Language & Speech;Apr-Jun64, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p98
Discusses probabilistic pairs and groups of words in a text. Examination of possible pairs of words; Analysis in the use of word-groups for the indexing and retrieval of documents; Arrangement of the word pairs.
- THE THREE LATIN SISTERS. de Madariaga, Salvador // Foreign Affairs;Jan1929, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p301
The article focuses on France Italy and Spain, sometimes refered to as the Three Latin Sisters. The three peoples were ruled for centuries by the same or similar laws and in approximately the same language. The fact that French, Italian and Spanish belong to the same philological family has been...
- From Theory to Practice: A Note on Applied Liguistics. Motherwell, George // Western Speech;Fall1956, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p228
Focuses on applied linguistics in the U.S. Position of American linguistic science in relation to other disciplines; Large scale application of linguistics; Application of descriptive linguistics.
- PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED. // Linguistica Uralica;2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p79
A bibliography on the subject of language and linguistics is presented which includes the books "From Interaction to Grammar: Estonian Finite Verb Forms in Conversation," by L. Keevallik, "The Pannonian Slavic Dialect of the Common Slavic Proto-Language: The View From Old Hungarian," by R. O....
- By Their Speech. Reeder, Paige // Saturday Evening Post;6/16/1945, Vol. 217 Issue 51, p92
A quiz concerning various languages is presented.
- Ghost. Bowman, Catherine // Literary Cavalcade;Oct99, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the origin and evolution of the word `ghost.'
- Foreword. Sari�oban, Arif // Journal of Language & Linguistics Studies;Apr2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
A foreword to "The Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies" is presented.
- Editorial. Bygate, Martin; Kramsch, Claire // Applied Linguistics;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pv
The editors of the journal "Applied Linguistics" are inviting researchers to submit scholarly articles that focus on language as a means of portraying theoretical and empirical studies on real world problems in an effort to broaden the journal's scope which they hope will include other fields...
- Access to the linguistic system: A viable metaphor? Introduction. Platt, Elizabeth // Journal of Applied Linguistics;2006, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p249
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the principles behind the competence in an organization, another on the development and understanding of language and on the analysis on the learners who are engaged in problem solving.
- Introduction. Van Craenenbroeck, Jeroen; Rooryck, Johan // Linguistic Variation Yearbook;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, pv
The article introduces this issue of "Linguistic Variation Yearbook."