Encouraging innovative environmental actions: what companies and managers must do
- Perspectives On The Green Movement In Jamaica. Zee, Susan M. L.; Fok, Lillian Y.; Hartman, Sandra J. // Journal of International Diversity;2011, Issue 4, p28
In this research, we use a sample from Jamaica to investigate the relationships among employee perceptions of organizational green orientation, individual green orientation, and outcomes, in terms of positive impacts of the green movement and organizational performance. Specifically, we find...
- Relationships Between Organizational Size And Market Focus And Commitment To The Green Movement And Impacts Of Organizational Culture. Fok, Lillian Y.; Zee, Susan M. L.; Hartman, Sandra J. // Leadership & Organizational Management Journal;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 3, p43
In this research, we examine whether organizations of differing size (large vs. small) and focus (regional vs. national/international) may differ on several variables related to the green movement and Quality Management (QM). The variables examined include organizational green orientation,...
- What's Growing On in DONATIONS. // American Nurseryman;9/15/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 6, p12
Reports developments related to green movement in the U.S. as of September 2004.
- Latin American environmentalism: Comparative views. Christen, Catherine; Herculano, Selene; Hochstetler, Kathryn; Prell, Renae; Price, Marie; Roberts, J. Timmons // Studies in Comparative International Development;Summer98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p58
This article examines three common generalizations from the literature on Latin American environmentalism. The validity of these generalizations, structured as hypotheses, is tested with four case studies from Costa Rica, Mexico, Venezuela, and Brazil. The first generalization is that tensions...
- RETHINKING THE LOCAL-GLOBAL LINKS IN GRASSROOTS ENVIRONMENTAL ADULT EDUCATION. Guevara, Jose Roberto // Convergence;2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p74
Presents a study on the experience of the Center for Environmental Concerns-Philippines (CEC) in developing grassroots environmental education. How organizational context affects the education module design of CEC; Progressive contextualization of CEC; Insights on the practice of CEC.
- GO GREEN QUIZ. DiNicola, Teresa // Jack & Jill;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p6
A quiz about how to protect the environment is presented.
- L.A. adopts green building policies. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p30
Reports the adoption of the environmentally friendly and cost-saving standard for the city projects in Los Angeles, California. Importance of the standard for the environmental protection; Opinion of the environmental groups on the standard; Benefits of the government on the adoption of the...
- Sustainability: As hard to define as to do. Grund, John M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p31
Expounds on the basic ideas of sustainable business management. Reduction of the use of non-renewable resources; Taking responsibility to replenish renewable resources; Planning the entire life cycle of products; Providing streams of services instead of discrete products.
- GONE GREEN! Adil, Janeen R. // Boys' Life;Nov2008, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p26
The article presents a description of how the world might look like once all people on planet Earth have gone green or Earth-friendly.