California's $4.5B of Tobacco Bonds Could Hit Market in January and April
- California governor may sign parks measure. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p5
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis will sign a $2 billion general obligation bond measure. Improvement of parks and open space; Details of the project.
- California lawmakers pass $4.62 billion in bonds over to governor. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30725, p3
Reports on the addition of a $1.9 billion water bond measure to the $2.7 billion worth of bond bills awaiting California Governor Gray Davis' signature. Bond referendums approved by California lawmakers.
- California Approves Bonds, Cuts. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p1
California Legislature has approved on May 1, 2003 the sale of 1.85 billion dollars of pension bonds along with a package of 1.76 billion dollars in budget cuts, taking the first major steps in a month toward making an improvement in the state's budget deficit. Governor Gray Davis approved of...
- California Republicans Shoot Down Tobacco As Way to Pass '04 Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p3
Senate Republicans in California promptly refused a proposal by Democrats to issue more bonds backed by the state's national tobacco settlement proceeds as part of a budget plan to eliminate two of three previously proposed tax increases. The Democratic caucus proposed securing about $1.3...
- California governor's record budget plan includes $2.9 billion in bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p4
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis' proposal for a 2.9 billion dollar bond financing. Spending plan for 2000; Appropriations of the budget of the state.
- California Library Bond Vote Ahead. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30724, p1
Reports that California lawmakers have passed a bill asking voters to borrow money to shore up the state's libraries. Expected approval from California governor Gray Davis; Creation of financing pool for the libraries.
- Gov. Davis signs law allowing California to sell GOs online. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/29/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30736, p5
Reports that Governor Gray Davis has signed a bill allowing California to sell its general obligation bonds online. Investment in high-yielding asset-backed commercial paper.
- California Lawmakers Approve Rail, Hetch Hetchy Measures. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p36
Reports the proposition of bond-related legislation to Governor Gray Davis by lawmakers in California. Time coverage allotted for the governor to review the legislation; Description of the proposed bills; Lawmakers responsible for the introduction of the bills.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p35
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. Signing of Governor Gray Davis on the general obligation bonds for the high-speed rail line; Sale of Long Beach on tax and revenue anticipation notes; Approval of Meridian School District on the general obligation bond measure.