Alabama to Vote on Creation of Emergency Education Fund
- Technology News. // Electronic Education Report;06/20/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the launching of the Wyoming Education Trust Fund, designed to support local education projects.
- Educational trust warns of grant cutbacks. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/26/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4241, pN.PAG
Reports on the budget cut in the Savoy Educational Trust. Reasons behind the budget cut; Amount of cut from the trust.
- ahead plan. // Plans & Trusts;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p26
A calendar of events related to financial trusts is presented which includes the Trustees Institute for Jointly Managed Training and Education Funds to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 23-25, 2012, Certificate in Global Benefits Management to be held in Boston, Massachusetts on March...
- 7) GENERAL. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
The article presents information on the activities of several trusts and foundations in the U.S. The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations' interests include education, health care, and public television. The Scherman Foundation provides financial aid to general support including grants to...
- Flying start. Philpot, Fenella // Professional Engineering;11/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p52
Provides information about the history of the Whitworth scholarships, which assist young engineers to fund their way through their degrees in Great Britain. Initiation of the scholarship trust fund by Sir Joseph Whitworth; Basis of the scholarship; Biography of Whitworth.
- Maximizing gifts to finance education. Shapiro, Richard J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p17
Presents strategies for maximizing gifts to finance education in the U.S. Establishment of the 529 plan; Comparison between the coverdell savings accounts and 529 plan; Aspects of the section 2503(c) minor's trusts.
- MAKING SENSE OF THE NUMBERS. // New Zealand Principals' Federation Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses aspects of the financial information of a school in New Zealand which include banking staffing, managing budget and 5YA planning. It highlights the goal of the Boards of Trustees (BOT's) to maximize the funds for learning resources with an accurate reports that support the...
- PLANNING FOR SCHOOL FEES. Sacks, Alan // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p173
Discusses how parents in Great Britain can meet the costs of their children's private education by establishing a trust fund early on. Projected increase in school fees; Funding methods; Use of insurance policies and annuities; Business Expansion Scheme investments; Charitable educational trusts.
- Univ. of Texas System Halts Plans for Oil Sales to Fund PUF. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p4
The article reports on the plans delayed by the trustees of University of Texas System in Dallas, Texas to sell future production from oil and gas properties to boost the Permanent University Fund until prices rebound. At a meeting in El Paso, they also announced 3,800 layoffs at the University...