Long-Term Debt Neared $30B in May
- N.Y. MTA to Sell $475M of Debt For General Capital Program. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p40
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell $475 million of transportation revenue bonds in October 2006. According to finance director Patrick McCoy bond proceeds would finance existing approved transit and commuter capital programs. The MTA...
- Refunding Proposal to Go to Albany. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p1
Focuses on the impending approval of the state of Albany of the debt-refinancing scheme of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York, New York. Impact of the approval on the scheme; Completion of the bond resolutions of MTA; Claims of Kim Paparello, MTA finance director, to...
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.
- Monster MTA Deal Gets Put On Fast Track. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the debt refinancing of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Value of debt; Features of the offering; Consolidation of the credit of MTA.
- N.Y.'s MTA Eyes $2.3B In '06 Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York City is planning to issue bond refunding deals to save on debt service and manage interest rate exposure. The bonds will be split into fixed-rate and floating-rate securities. Seventy-five percent will be backed...
- N.Y. MTA Looking at $2.8B for Capital Projects. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31808, p3
Reports on the expectation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell treasury bonds to fund capital spending and refund taxable bonds in New York. Sale of transportation revenue bonds; Approval of the funding acceleration.
- MTA Synthetic Debt Remains Under Control, Finance Manager Says. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34401, p1
New York's MTA reduces budget risk through the interest-rate and fuel-hedging strategies of its derivatives program, its finance manager said.
- BANs a Boon for N.Y. MTA, Finance Official Says. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/27/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34450, p1
Better transparency, among other benefits, drives New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's aggressive bond anticipation note strategy, said one official.
- New York Bridge Authority to Sell $1 Billion in Bans. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p31
Reports on the bond issue of the New York State Metropolitan Transit Authority's Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority. Structure of the bonds; use of the proceeds from the bond issue.