Troy, Mich., debt Gets Upgrades From Moody's S&P
- Michigan Deals $3.3B for Unemployment Insurance. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/11/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33728, p27
The article offers information on the release of a 3.3 billion U.S. dollars unemployment obligation assessment revenue bonds by the finance authority of Michigan. It informs that the new assessment revenue will be used by the state for debt payments of the federal unemployment insurance...
- General fund wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t undo jobless insurance woes. LANE, AMY // Crain's Detroit Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p0003
The article reports that Michigan will deepen its general fund for as much as 41 million dollars to pay the interest bill of an about 106 million dollars to 108 million dollars on its federal unemployment insurance (UI) debt. It states that the payment will due on September 30, 2011, but...
- Texas Workforce Agency to Sell $1.6B for Unemployment Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p1
Reports on the decision of the Texas Workforce Commission to sell multi-billion dollars worth of unemployment compensation obligation assessment revenue bonds. Reasons for such a decision; Maturity period of these bonds; Plans for the Texas Public Finance Authority to serve as conduit issuer...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p2
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of May 2002. Reduction on the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in factory orders for manufactured goods; Upgrade on the bond debt ratings of the city Rio Rancho by Moody's Investors Service company.
- Colombia: How Low Can Local Yields Go? // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/4/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses a forecast for the Colombian TES2020 Bond. The entry notes that the local bond continues to trend toward the 8.7% target as the central bank plans to cut the policy rate by 100 basis points (bps) to 6.00%. The section cites that the TES2020 Bond could fall to 7.1% with a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Flyod, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p2
Reports development concerning bonds in the United States. Increase of state unemployment benefits in Washington; Decline of the volume of help wanted advertisements in major newspapers; Completion of a debt buyback operation of the Treasury Department in Washington; Increase of the composite...
- Michigan Eyes $4 Billion of Bonds To Pay Off Insurance for Jobless. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p3
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to issue 4 billion dollars in tax-exempt bonds to pay off its 3.7 billion dollar obligation to the federal government for unemployment insurance.
- U.S. bonds surge amid signs of job market slowdown. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/8/95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73A
Reports that American bonds surged in the week ended May 8, 1995, driving its yields to the lowest point in a year. Yields of 30-year and two-year bonds; Figures illustrating rise in jobless claims.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Provides several bond issues in New York and Washington. Bonds sold by Westchester County to investors; Spending increase expected to boost by West Virginia commission; Increase in initial claims of unemployment insurance in Washington.