Munis, Treasuries, and Stocks All Fall as Investors Eye 'Event Risk'
- Delay Costs State $2.4M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that the 12-month delay wait for an Oklahoma Supreme Court ruling of a $50 million bond issue to pay for endowed university chairs cost the state about $2.4 million in interest. The interest rate was 4.42 percent when the court was asked to validate the bonds in November 2004...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p32
The article presents statistics relating to the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 27, 2006. They include market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, visible supply declines, new-issue balances, and...
- Structural Instability in the Net Discount Rate Series Based on High Grade Municipal Bond Yields. Sen, Amit; Gelles, Gregory M.; Johnson, Walter D. // Journal of Legal Economics;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
Discusses the structural ability in the net discount rate series based on high grade municipal bond yields. Use of net discount rate to calculate the present value of future earnings's losses; Average difference between the nominal interest rate and the nominal rate of wage growth; Calculation...
- August Saw $31.34B in Issuance. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p1
Reports on the increase of a municipal bond issuance for August as issuers took advantage of a favorable interest rate environment to refund existing debt in the U.S. Details on the findings from a preliminary statistics Thomson Financial; Statement of Matt Fabian, senior municipal search...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p33
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 9, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balance; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch...
- Bonds GOVERNMENT AND MUNICIPAL. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Nov69, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p4
Presents the results of a market survey of interest rates for government and municipal bonds in the U.S. in 1969. Funds raised by government agencies; Confidence expressed by monetary authorities; Explanation for the consistency in the expectations reported.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p32
The article presents several charts that list statistics relating to government securities in the United States. They include market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, visible supply increases, the Bond Buyer indexes,...
- Municipals Rally, Treasuries Gain; Secondary Yields Lowered on DWR. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p2
Focuses on increase in the prices of bonds in the wake of interest rate cut by Federal Reserve board on November 6, 2002 in the U.S. Effect of the cut on municipal and treasury bonds; Response of the investors to the bond market; Performance of bonds of Californian Department of Water Resources.
- Return-Wise, Munis Beat Expectations. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the weak performance of the municipal bond market during 2003 in the U.S. Factors contributed to the weak performance of the market; Comparison on the annual total return between 2002 and 2003; Maintenance in the increase of interest rate.