NEWS IN BRIEF
- DATA POINTS. // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p2
Several charts are presented depicting the condition of the real estate business in various countries relative to the cost of consumer debt, prices of residential apartments, and unemployment rate.
- FYI. // Casual Living;Jul2008, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p74
The article presents several tables related to business outlook in the U.S. from April 2007 to 2008 including unemployment rate, consumer credit outstanding percent change and annual rate, and annual rate of housing.
- March bankruptcy filings hit record one-month total. Freedman, Jeffrey // Buffalo Law Journal;4/22/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the increase in the bankruptcy filings in the Buffalo, New York for March 2004. Increase in the number of filings; Indication of the number of bankruptcy filings; Area which has the highest number of bankruptcy; Statistics on national unemployment rate; Impact of consumer debt on the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators in the U.S. as of September 8, 2005. Initial jobless claims; Wholesale inventories; Consumer credit; Government securities prices.
- Study: Foreclosure and Debt Haunting American Consumers. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;1/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p9
The article reports that as the housing crisis is getting worse with the third quarter of 2007, American consumers continue to add on already record amounts of debt and have less disposable income than ever before in the U.S. In addition to personal debt, bankruptcies in general are rising...
- Don't get ripped off by deadbeats. Steingold, Fred S. // National Petroleum News;Aug2002, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p17
Recommends strategies for reducing the risk for losses in the business associated with the offer of credit service to consumers. Need for a sensible credit system; Ways for dealing with slow-pays from customers; Strategies for dealing with bad checks.
- Dutch consumer risk on the rise. N.C. // Asset Securitization Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p24
Reports on developments related to the asset-backed securitization market in the Netherlands as of February 10, 2003. Increase in consumer debt; Increase in exposure of Dutch consumers to interest and unemployment rates; Comparison with other European countries.
- ECONOMY. // Greece Country Profile;2006, p11
Provides information on the economic condition of Greece as of January 2006. Economic performance; Factors which contributed to rapid expansion in consumer credit; Major trading partners; Unemployment rate in the country.
- FYI. // Casual Living;Jan2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p44
The article presents several statistics on unemployment rate, consumer credit outstanding, and stock performance in the U.S.