Mending in Massachusetts
- Consequences of the economic crisis on health: does it help to have a strong primary care system? Groenewegen, Peter P.; Hansen, Johan // International Journal of Integrated Care (IJIC);Nov2013 Supplement, Vol. 13, p1
Purpose: The aim of this study is to test hypotheses on the moderating effect of a strong primary care system on the relationship between the current economic crisis and health outcomes. Theory: The economic crisis that hits European countries currently, is hypothesised to affect the health of...
- Health challenges after the crisis. Strøm-Erichsen, Anne-Grete // OECD Observer;Sep2010, Issue 281, p7
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the health challenges in 2011 within the aftermath of financial crisis in Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD) countries.
- Allied Tug-of-War. Pavlou, Stephanie Z. // O&P Business News;4/1/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
The article presents several views on the impact of the global financial crisis on the performance of the orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) practitioners in the U.S. Carol Hentges, principal owner of Custom Care Orthotics, observes that the financial crisis has created immense pressure in all areas...
- Nursing home to close due to mounting losses. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/18/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p10
This article focuses on financial trouble of nursing home. Kindred Healthcare Inc. plans to close the financially troubled Homestead Health Center, an 87-bed nursing home in Stamford, which would result in a loss of 90 jobs. Homestead Health Center is in need of renovation. Unfortunately, the...
- Healthy finances. // New Zealand Doctor;4/20/2011, p27
The article offers tips on how to have one's financial affairs in order before a crisis strikes by citing the importance of planning to minimise the impact of unexpected financial hardships, creating an easy to find file of financial information and building up an emerdffincy fund.
- Calendar. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p20
A calendar of events for the Detroit, Michigan area in April 2009 is presented which includes Greater Detroit Area Health Council Health Trends Conference, an event called Credit Crisis: Light At the End of the Tunnel, and Nonprofit Management Conference.
- Far East financial woes make a dent. Bhatt, Rob // Las Vegas Business Press;05/04/98, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p1
Examines the impact of the Asian financial crisis on the revenues of Nevada. Decline in state income from baccarat; Estimated decline in state baccarat earnings for 1998; Decline in the bets made by mostly Asian clients of state casinos.
- Financial straits beset Indiana, but now's the time to enact policy. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p45
Comments on the effects of economic slowdown on the revenues in Indiana. Efforts of the lawmakers to address fiscal problems; Inability of the state to cope with the economic growth; Growth in the per capita income of Michigan.
- Italiener bauen auf Deutschland. Sondermann, Marc // Textilwirtschaft;2/9/2012, Issue 6, p42
The article discusses Italian fashion companies such as Mabrun, Herno, and Peuterey who's sales were affected by the financial crisis in Italy. The author mentions that they are making more successful revenues in Germany. Also included is information on products sold by the companies such as...