Deep-tissue abscesses: Evolving approaches
- Literature reviews. J.B.L. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1996, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p51
Looks at a study on children with a diagnosis of peritonsillar abscess. Treatment; Recurrence rate; Symptoms; Results of study.
- encephalopyosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p762
A definition of the term "encephalopyosis," which refers to an abscess of the brain, is presented.
- pyopneumohepatitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1951
A definition of the term "pyopneumohepatitis," which refers to gas-containing abscess in the liver, is presented.
- Splenic Abscess 10 Years after Splenic Trauma: A Case Report. Toevs, Christine C.; Beilman, Gregory J. // American Surgeon;Feb2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p204
Splenic abscess is an uncommon complication of splenic trauma. Splenic abscess presents within several months of the trauma. We report a case of a splenic abscess 10 years after trauma and review the current understanding of splenic abscesses.
- Retroperitoneal Abscess as a Complication of Retained Gallstones Following Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Davila, Eduardo Parra; Munshi, Imtiaz A.; Armstrong, John H.; Sleeman, Danny; Levi, Joe U. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Apr98, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p89
Reports a case which highlights the complication of abscess formation associated with retained spilled gallstones. Factors contributing to gallstone spillage; Tediousness of removing gallstones; Details on the approach used in the case.
- Retropharyngeal abscess after adenoidectomy. Prado, Valeria Maria; Giardini, Lucia Della L. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p54
Describes a case of retropharyngeal abscess with atlantoaxial joint subluxation after an adenoidectomy. Complications of adenoidectomies; Clinical picture of retropharyngeal abscess.
- Soft-tissue case 48. Diagnosis. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p469
Presents a case of gallstone abscess. Signs and symptoms; Diagnosis; Pathology and clinical course.
- Pyogenic meningitis due to a vertebral abscess. Hoyle, Christine; Timperley, W.R.; Maddocks, J.L. // British Medical Journal;6/2/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6176, p1459
Presents a case report on pyogenic meningitis. Occurrence of vertebral abscess caused by meningitis; Difficulty in finding the diagnosis and symptoms of the disease; Mortality rate.
- ANESTHETIZING AN ABSCESS. Zellers, Norman // Clinical Advisor for Nurse Practitioners;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p61
The author presents information on a technique for anesthetizing an abscess for incision and drainage.