EFRA supports safety of UK fire retardants
- Flame retardants seek uses in broader resin spectrum. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Sep95, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p21
Focuses on the increasing demand for non-halogenated alternatives in the flame retardant industry. Reduction of reliance on antimony oxide; Expansion of applications of existing products; Concerns about acid corrosivity in smoke that can affect electrical systems; AmeriBrom Inc.'s launching of...
- Flame retardants. // Plastics Technology;Aug96 Supplement Handbook, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p395
Features flame retardants. Includes Fyrol halogenated phosphate ester flame retardant; Alumina trihydrates; Valu-Fil gypsum filler.
- Firestopping materials help safeguard property and lives. Carvelli, Gail Leach // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May97, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p16
Offers a guide to selecting firestopping materials for creating a system that meets local building codes. Functions of a firestop; Factors to consider in selecting a nonmechanical material; Proven firestopping materials; Growing importance of firestopping to the cable installation project.
- Flame retardancy forecast. // Colourage;Oct97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the findings of a study indicating that the total U.S. consumption of flame retardant chemicals is projected to increase annually from 1997.
- Intumescent fire protection adds decorative flair to steel structures. Falconer, Donald F.; Cihomsky, John // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov93, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the various uses and benefits of fire protection coatings. Ensuring a building's structural integrity in the event of a fire with the use of intumescent fireproofing coatings; Fireproofing alternative for structural steel that is both aesthetic and functional; Development and testing;...
- Anti FR press helps no-one. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the public perception that fireproofing agents are health hazards in the U.S.
- FRCA reorganizes. // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p56
Reports on the reorganization of the Fire Retardant Chemical Association's operations to focus on electronics, upholstered furniture and construction.
- Flame retardants part 2. Robinson, Simon // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the new legislation for the use of flame retardants in furniture in California.
- Flame retardants up. // Chemical Week;5/29/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 21, p41
Reports on the growing demand in flame retardants in the United States.