Cost per Hire: Don't Even Bother
- Texas Instruments engineers a holistic HR. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Feb98, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the personnel management strategies at Texas Instruments Inc. which received the 1997 Workforce Magazine Optimas Award for General Excellence. Creation of a streamlined human resource department under Chuck Nielson; Improvement of the company's recruiting mechanism; Emphasis on work...
- Benchmarking Human Resource Practices on the Web. Cheng, David S. Y. // Journal of Human Resources & Adult Learning;Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p65
With the rapid growth of technology, fast-growth popularity and the user-friendliness and attractiveness in the web page design, Internet is the trendy, fastest and convenient means in accessing to information of all kinds. On the business contexts, it has becoming the easiest and most...
- New employee assimilation. Winkler, Katherine; Janger, Inez // Executive Excellence;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p15
Highlights how companies can assimilate new employees. Categories of turnover costs; Why turnover is a problem; Assimilation process of the Texas Instruments company.
- `The only unique resource'. Nielson, Charles F.; Chipman, Dawn // Across the Board;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on Texas Instrument Inc.'s approach for managers to provide an ideal working environment. Programs in the 1960s and 1970s; Company's two-track system; Visioning process; Assessment process for managers; Development planning session.
- Becoming a Talent Magnet. Lee, David // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Present personnel management strategies to help businesses attract talented employees. Improvement of the quality of internal operations; Assessment of how well a company's management team treats employees; Importance of assessing a company's ability to satisfy the needs of internal customers.
- Get the most out of search firms. McCreary, Chip // Workforce;Aug97 Supplement Staffing, Vol. 76, p28
Discusses how a human resource (HR) manager can maximize chances of success from executive search firms. Key problem areas in understanding the state of executive search industry; Strategies for working with the search firms.
- A hire power. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;10/01/99, Vol. 190 Issue 7, p75
Focuses on recruiting and retaining skilled employees in garden centers, growing operations and landscape firms in the United States. Maintenance of contact with good employees who have left the firm; Provision of reward programs for employees who refer possible employees; Use of networking;...
- SHARING IT OUT. Perrin, Sarah // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p44
Highlights the Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) scheme from Chancellor Gordon Brown which is aimed at fledgling high technology companies trying to attract people. Advantages of EMI over the Company Share Option Plan; Two basic choices of companies for share options schemes; Limitation of...
- HR comes of age. Losey, Michael // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the evolution of human resource profession in the United States which has matured from an administrative support role to a key function in successful organizations. Reasons why some industries experienced difficulty in recruiting and retaining employees in the late 1800s; Actions...