Overtime and Travel
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;2/12/2008, p15
The article presents an online discussion on several issues related to personnel management. One of the topics for discussion at the forum was the introduction of probationary period for employees. One of the views expressed at the forum was that they are not a substitute for poor recruitment...
- Staff recruitment: Your rights and obligations. Howlings, Judith // People Management;5/30/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p47
Answers the do's and dont's involved in references, criminal convictions and probationary periods. Information from past convictions which the employer can request from a prospective employee; Possibilities that the employee will be dismissed if a spent conviction comes to light only after the...
- EMPLOYMENT TESTING AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT. Ajila, C. O.; Okafor, Linus // IFE PsychologIA;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p91
The objective of testing particularly for staff recruitment, selection and placement is to solicit further information to assess the employee's suitability to the job. Employment testing therefore is the practice of administering written, oral or other tests as a means of determining the fitness...
- HIRING STAFF. Rieschi, Gail // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p52
The article explores the use of pre-employment testing in evaluating potential candidates. These tests, accordingly, are effective in avoiding the cost of bad hires producing reduced productivity and negative impact on employee morale. With the use of these tests such as standardized tests and...
- Ten Surefire Ways to Attract, Retain and Motivate Talent. Hannah, Stan; Pfenninger, Todd // Illinois Banker;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses ways to tap and contain talented employees in organizations who possess qualities of problem solving and creativity. Topics include recruiting newer employees through references from existing employees, offering career benefits to the best employees to ensure they continue...
- HR Space. // Employers Law;May2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources management including the main reasons for introducing probationary periods, the liability of store manager over neighbouring encroachment dispute and helping a colleague who is warned after being absent without permission.
- Managers must decide to play, trade or let go. Krauss, Kat // Inside Tucson Business;2/2/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p10
Presents question and answer advisory on hospital staff management. Terms of the probation; Education of the staff on communication skills; Facilitation of staff meeting.
- The first 90 days: helping new employees succeed. McKersie, Edward // New Hampshire Business Review;6/13/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p10B
Focuses on ways to help employees succeed during their first three months on the job. Importance of orientation programs for latest hires to increase employees satisfaction; Tips for developing an effective orientation program; Reason for leaving after probation.
- But Do People Like You?: Most managers want someone likable on their team. Martin, Chuck // Business NH Magazine;Nov2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on the qualities of a potential employee that employers need and require. According to the author, the key characteristics of workers that managers would prefer to hire and promote include likeability and likelihood of fit. Other business organizations also depend on...