How HR Balances Customer Demands
- Are you being served? The route to good customer care. Mosely, Tony // Consumer Policy Review;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p223
Examines the relationship between staff, customer service and ultimately profitability by focusing on examples of excellence in customer in several companies. Approach of dairy store Stew Leonard's in customer service; Details on personnel management at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company; Conclusion.
- I got a toothache 5,000 miles from home. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/26/2007, Issue 323666, p6
The author reflects on the significance of good customers service in business. According to the author, the success of the business cannot be only attained through excellence, however, it includes the friendliness of the people working in the business. He suggests on the elements to be...
- In Praise of Reps. Gottlieb, Richard // Playthings;Apr2007, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the characteristics of a salesperson. The author stressed that salesperson must have the capability to handle with anger. They are considered civil because they can manage to hard to deal customers. In addition, the author cited that salespeople are a model of civility in...
- Melon-rage leads to a right ear-full. // Personnel Today;9/21/2004, p60
The article reports that people often complain that the corporate machine chews them up and then spits them out when it has had its fill. A grocer working away in his shop in the Ukraine was asked by a customer if he could have a free watermelon. When the grocer said no, the shopper, obviously...
- Caught in the Web of Customer Service. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p125
Deals with the customer/employees services of business enterprises' call centers. Status of human resources departments' employee service; Capabilities of the one-to-one live text chat customer service; Benefits of Web-based customer services.
- RodrÃguez-Parissi Offers Top-Notch Consulting. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;9/8/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 35, pS6
Focuses on the success of the consulting firm RodrÃguez-Parissi, VÃ¡, & Co. Amount of registered billings for 2004; Empowerment of its staff in all aspects of the business; Commitment of the firm to client service.
- Get back roomers to hit the road. Donath, Bob // Marketing News;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the importance for the management to inspire staffers operating critical back-room functions to focus on customer needs. For companies that can take the risk, simply nudging back roomer into the field to get first-hand taste of finessing real customers is beneficial....
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE. Range, Jackie // BRW;10/27/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p46
The article discusses the survey conducted to the Fast 100 companies of 2011 or the fastest growing businesses in Australia, in which staffing topped the list in starting out difficulties. Even in the last year survey human resources management is one of the biggest issues in a company. Telair...
- Customer service -- you can't overly train for it. Sheila, Storm // Inside Tucson Business;10/18/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p4
The article discusses issues related to customer services. Customer service is an ageless topic that can never be discussed often enough. The author agrees with author Jeffrey Gitomer's assessment that customer service in many places seems non-existent. If a company does not have a customer...