Small Firms Miss Big News
- Pension notes. Hodge, Peta // Public Finance;08/18/95, p18
Presents developments related to pension funds in Great Britain as of September 1995. Reasons for an increase in the average income of pensioners; Provision of a pension scheme for private sector companies; Appointment of Scottish Amicable Investment Management to manage South Yorkshire's...
- Default line. Farrow, Paul // Money Marketing;10/21/2010, p55
In this article the author discusses his concerns regarding the defined contribution scheme that is said to cause uncertainty of retirement income to public sector pensions.
- Small Businesses Favor 401(k) Plans. // Best's Review;Oct2001, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p123
Reports the preference for 401(k) retirement plans by small businesses. Details on the interview of 600 owners and executives conducted by Synergistics Research Corp.; Forms of retirement plan offered by companies; Implications of the choice of plan for small businesses.
- Pensions for Public Servants. // America;9/25/1926, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p559
The author reflects on the proposal to retire public officials in the U.S. on a pension of $12,000. According to the author, outright grants, such as the proposed life-pension, or similar largesses, seem directly opposed to public policy, inasmuch as they tend to raise up a favored class in the...
- Giveaway attitude has seriously endangered government pensions. // Caribbean Business;4/1/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p22
The author reflects on the bankrupted financial situation of the Employee Retirement System (ERS) in Puerto Rico. The author notes that the condition is so grave that the government can no longer disregard the issue. The author believes that the only alternative available is to reduce benefits...
- Speak up, employers told. Hoffmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;07/20/98, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p2
Focuses on a study by the ERISA Industry Committee, which looked at the impact of proposed changes to the Social Security system on employer-provided retirement plans. Who the study was drafted by; Highlights of possible changes to the system; In-depth look at the report; Comments from Olivia...
- Search Overview. // Investment Management Weekly;3/29/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p9
Presents a chart of the search activities for the investment of retirement and pension funds in the U.S. as of March 29, 2004. Alaska Permanent Fund Corp.; California Public Employees Retirement System; Hawaii Employees Retirement System.
- Big Trouble in Little Hoover. Cavanaugh, Tim // Reason;Jun2011, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p54
The article presents the author's comments on the issues related to the government employee pension crisis in California. He refers to the report "Public Pensions for Retirement Security," released by the Little Hoover Commission in February 2011. He says that pension reforms in most of the...
- Pensions timebomb. // Public Finance;12/03/99, p4
Deals with the negative impact of rising liabilities in Great Britain's unfunded public sector pensions. Costs of early retirement in local government reported by the Audit Commission in 1997; Rising pension liabilities in the police force.