Continental Stays on course
- Airline of the Year: Continental. // Air Transport World;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p33
Provides information on Continental Airlines (CA). Profitability of CA; Strategy used by the company; Reasons for gaining customer loyalty; Management of employees.
- Optimizing Pilot Planning and Training for Continental Airlines. Gang Yu; Pachon, Julian; Thengvall, Benjamin; Chandler, Darryal; Wilson, Al // Interfaces;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p253
The Crew ResourceSolver decision-support system employs advanced optimization modeling and solution techniques to solve complex, large-scale pilot staffing and training problems at Continental Airlines. The system determines optimal pilot transitions and efficiently allocates and schedules...
- London flight taking off. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the success of Continental Airline Inc.'s Cleveland, Ohio to London, England flight service after debuting last June 1999. Graphical illustration of the seats filled during inbound and outbound flights from July to November 1999; Strongest sales during the summer season.
- In brief. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;May2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Presents an update on the U.S. airline industry including the agreement between Amtrak and Continental Airlines.
- `We're going to grow our markets'. Flint, Perry // Air Transport World;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p38
Presents information on the expansion of Continental Airlines company. Financial data of the company; Operational performance of the company; Details on the market prospects of the airlines.
- Continental goes from bust to a construction boom. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/29/98, Vol. 240 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the construction program of once-bankrupt Continental Airline in the United States. Expansion of its domestic and international locations; Construction budget; Other major projects of Continental. INSET: Aileen Cho.
- The Continental surprise. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;5/21/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p16
Reports that Continental Airlines is adding 15 direct flights and aircraft to its service in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Identification of Continental's additional flight destinations; Statements made by Continental Airlines Captain Peter Hernandez; Predictions of industry analysts; Statistical...
- Continental Airlines to launch new flight due to demand 'holding up' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2011, Issue 2982, p7
The article reports that Continental Airlines Inc. will add a new flight from Manchester, England to Washington D.C. from May 2012 due to increase in demand.
- Continental's Houston route packed. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;2/4/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on the business plans of Continental airlines company in Puerto Rico. Statements from Pete Garcia, vice president of the company; Services launched by the company; Potential markets targeted by Continental; Other plans of the airline company.