Ex-Calif. County Officials to Pay $6.3 Million in Settlement
- Councils can borrow ï¿½65m to fund equal pay claims. Scott, David // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p9
The article reports on the permission for the Scottish councils to borrow 65 million pounds to be able to fund the equal settlement pay claims in Scotland.
- JeffCo Officials to Meet Over Settlement vs. Chap. 9. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/4/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33560, p3
The article reports that officials in Jefferson County, Alabama has planned to meet and discuss the settlement with creditors over the 3.14 billion sewer debt.
- NY offers $3M to settle Onondaga protesters' suit. // Native American Times;6/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the $3 million settlement cost to be paid by the New York state to the protesters in Onondaga Indian Nation who were arrested or chased away by the police in the state on May 18, 1997 and sued the state.
- Backend Vendor Moves to the Point-of-Origination. Garritano, Anthony // Origination News;Jan2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p17
The article reports on the launch of a new e-collaboration platform designed to help lenders transition from paper to paperless to electronic on the front end by traditional backend, electronic investor delivery vendor VirPack in the U.S.
- Maine Snuffs Out $476 Million Tobacco Securitization Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p36
Reports the refusal of the Maine government to proceed with the proposed securitization of an annual tobacco settlement payments. Implications of the proposal for the bond market; Reasons for the refusal; Assessment of the total outstanding debt of Maine.
- Settlement Risk Under Gross And Net Settlement. Kahn, Charles M.; McAndrews, James; Roberds, William // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Aug99, Vol. 1999 Issue 10, p2
States that net settlement can prevent certain gridlock situations which may arise in gross settlement in the absence of delivery versus payment requirements. Emphasis on interbank payment systems; Interpretation of agents' trading in intermediate goods as a proxy for any trading of financial...
- Anderson Reneges on BFA Settlement. Rubenstein, Bruce // Corporate Legal Times;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 126, p16
Focuses on the settlement agreement between the State of Arizona and Baptist Foundation of Arizona on investment scam. Inclusion of civil and administrative claims in the settlement; Amount paid in the settlement; Reason of the investment scam.
- The Litigation Game: Playing to Win. // Corporate Legal Times;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 126, p72
Focuses on the strategy of the companies in solving corporate problems. Preparation of the comprehensive litigation; Settlement of corporate cases; Cost of settlement.
- Originations drop 7 percent in first quarter. // Mortgage Banking;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p7
Reports that single-family mortgage originations fell seven percent in the first quarter of 1995.