- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p31
Reports developments of bonds as of June 2002 in the U.S. Cancellation of program to wire public schools for broadband Internet connections; Ways to improve U.S. states financial position; Challenges of public school teachers on the raise of local tax.
- A Modest Proposal for Saving Our Schools. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/15/2005, Issue 323426, p23
Presents the author's budget proposal for public schools in California. Teachers' unions' campaign against Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget; Proposal to spend funds allotted for school nutrition programs and adult education; Proposed funds to pay school bureaucrats.
- Moving Beyond the Usual Suspects. Bartholomew, Barbara // California English;Feb2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p29
The article focuses on various issues related to education in the U.S. The problems of achievement gap, school truancy and poor behavior continue to affect schools in the country. Student surveys are being used by educators to explore ways to improve schools and sustain student achievement....
- School Choice: An Overview. Chittom, Lynn-nore; McMahon, Maureen // Points of View: School Choice;3/1/2016, p1
The article discusses the issue of school choice in the U.S. School choice movement is said to promote public funds utilization to assist families in paying for private school education or to allow students to attend public schools outside their home districts. Supporters of school choice claim...
- Deadline Nears for $100,000 Qwest Foundation Award to Minnesota Public School Teachers. // Learning Matters;10/30/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the acceptance of applications for the award offered by the collaboration between the Qwest Foundation and the Business Partnership Education Foundation to public teachers in Minnesota. It states that the award is part of the Qwest Teachers and Technology Grant Program...
- NBC U GRANTS TO HEAD OF CLASS. Smith, Shannon // Daily Variety;7/10/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 5, p2
The article focuses on the grants will be given by the NBC Universal Inc. Foundation to 33 nonprofit organizations in the U.S. The $1.25 million grant is part of the company's commitment to improve the country's public education, particularly the undeserved communities including college test...
- Non-U.S. Public Finance. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p31
Presents market statistics related to non-U.S. public finance for the year 2001. Top senior public finance manager companies for 2001; Information related to the issue of companies.
- Federal receipts, outlays, and debt. // Economic Indicators;Jan1994, p32
Presents statistics on the financial standing of the government of the United States from 1976 up to the fourth quarter of 1993.
- Federal receipts by source and outlays by function. // Economic Indicators;Jan1994, p33
Presents statistics on the financial standing of the government of the United States from 1976 up to the fourth quarter of 1993. Source of income; Capital outlays.