Insiders Call Public-Private Partnerships Case of Risk vs. Reward
- Joint leaps and safe landings. Herbst, Douglas // American City & County;Apr99, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the cooperative risk management that is essential to the success of extended public-private partnerships. Principles that must be considered when assigning risk in long-term partnerships; Standard risks in operations, maintenance and management (OM&M); Tools for mitigating risks.
- Partner with or hire the skills you need. // Mid-South Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 6, pBP4
The article reports that rancher, Harold Yoder, has partnered with commodities broker, Mark Grasmick, for risk management of cattle and grain markets, as he himself lacked marketing skills.
- East Meets West. Bidelman, Wayne D. // Best's Review;Apr2001, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p59
Focuses on the importance of business consulting and risk-management solutions in Asian reinsurance markets. Challenges facing life and health reinsurers; Application of acquired skills in traditional reinsurance transactions; Significance of reinsurance methodologies; Partnership with...
- Partner with or hire the skills you need. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Jun2012, Vol. 135 Issue 6, pBP4
The article reports that beef producer Harold Yoder became business partners with Mark Grasmick because he has knowledge about risk management , cattle and grain markets.
- Forging Partnerships Between Academia and the Insurance and Risk Management Community: Opportunities and Pitfalls. Warfel, William J.; Mikolaj, Peter J. // CPCU eJournal;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p1
Provides information on forging partnerships between academia and the insurance and risk management community. Ingredients for a successful partnership; Pitfalls that must be avoided in terms of undue industry influence.
- Community Partnerships Can Be Risky Business. Schirick, Ed // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p8
Discusses some risk management and liability issues facing camp community partnerships with schools. Creation of a community-service contract; Significance of hiring an attorney for the legality of the partnership; Need to be specific about insurance requirements; Establishment of relationships...
- Equity Participation in International Joint Ventures. Ramamohan Rao, T. V. S.; Sharma, Ruchi // Decision (0304-0941);Jan-Jun2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
International joint ventures are subject to moral hazard and instability. Low IPR protection and/or inadequate enforcement account for such problems. Principal-agent models account for the moral hazard in terms of the randomness in revenue generated. Equity sharing arrangements, that have...
- Risk and Reaction. Kunreuther, Howard // Harvard International Review;Fall2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p37
The article focuses on how to manage potential catastrophic risks. Natural disasters and terrorist attacks constitute low probability-high consequence events that individuals, firms and governments need to be prepared for. Wrong notion on risk and various interdependencies between entities...
- COSO gives a good start to implement ERM. // Business Insurance;12/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p12
The article focuses on Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) enterprise risk management framework document. The Board of COSO appointed an advisory council and engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to develop a broadly accepted framework for enterprise risk...