Southwest, J.P. Morgan Optimistic About New Texas Investment Pool
- When start-up financing is 'all in the family' Willax, Paul // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p13A
No abstract available.
- Equity repos hit the scene. Baker, Marci; Green, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the short-term investment called equity repurchase agreements in the United States. Investment banks' expansion of their sources of funding; National Markets Financial Improvement Act of 1997; Issue of who will buy the equity repos.
- Interest rate undermines foundations. Jacks, Mzwandile // Finance Week;3/22/2002, p30
Reports the reaction of the stock market on the percentage point increase in the report rate in South Africa. Uncertainty on future monetary policy; Impact of rate increase on investment cycle of construction stocks; Increase of the operating profits of M&R.
- A Repo Opera: How Criimi Mae Got Repos Backwards. Schroeder, Jeanne L. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p565
Discusses whether ï¿½repos,ï¿½ the proper characterization of a repurchase agreement involving investment securities, should be considered merely a disguised form of security interests. Reference to the 2000 case of In re Criimi Mae Inc.; Assertion that a transaction is not a security...
- Model investment law draft in coming into home stretch. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/13/95, Vol. 99 Issue 46, p69
Reports on the deliberation made on the Model Investment Law draft. Finalizing a definition of a rated credit instrument; Lack of deliberation regarding traditional bonds; Finalization of the definition of reverse repurchase agreements.
- REPOs IN A NUTSHELL. // Treasurer;Jul/Aug2014, p10
The author discusses several significant issues that people in treasury operations should put in mind when it comes to repurchase agreement, or repo. Topics discussed include the degree to which credit risk is minimized, the concept of gap risk, and the use of repos for a very short-term investment.
- THE INVESTMENT MARKETS. // Banking;Feb66, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the state of the investment markets in the U.S. as of 1966. Views of H.B. Dorsey, chairman of the board of Argus Research Corp., on the credit situation; Information on repurchase agreements; Details on a ruling issued by the Internal Revenue Service on repurchase agreements.
- Schools Turning to 'Sure Bets' In Wake of Business Failures. J. R. S. // Education Week;5/15/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of conservative investment policies in particular repurchase agreements by school districts in New York. Some school districts that invested in repurchase agreements miscarried to take possession of the collateral. The investment advisers said that...
- REPURCHASE AGREEMENTS IN THE SPOTLIGHT. Beresford, Dennis R.; Neary, Robert D. // FE: The Magazine for Financial Executives;Nov1985, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p5
The article focuses on the largely unregulated government securities market and the repurchase agreements broadly used to access that market. This situation has made many people much more aware of the potential exposure to losses from these activities. It also has revealed some lack of...