Arizona State to Sell $217 Million in COPs, Revenue Bonds
- ASU Projects Getting Most of Phoenix Deal's New Mony. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32629, p3
The article reports that Phoenix, Arizona's sale of more than $600 million of general obligation debt is intended for projects associated with the expansion of Arizona State University's (ASU) downtown campus. Of the $420.3 million in new money, the ASU projects will receive $223 million, which...
- California Voters to Face $13B Measure. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p1
Reports on the vote to approve a general obligation bond measure for school construction in California. Senate approval of the multi-year package; Uses of the bond proceeds; Value of the approved measures for local school districts.
- Officials question if QZABs will live up to their promise. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p7
Focuses on the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program which aims to provide federal assistance for local school construction efforts in the United States. Reasons cited why the program will not be able to accomplish its goal; Small amount of bonds in the program; Comment by Jeff Maddrey, attorney...
- Lincoln, Neb., to seek voter approval for $100 million to build high schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p36
Reports that Lincoln, Nebraska's Board of Education has asked voters to approve up to $100 million of general obligation bonds to build two high schools. Benefits from the construction of the high school buildings.
- New Mexico forced to find new financing formula for schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on New Mexico's search for financing of school construction activities. Taking away of money from districts that lack the wealth to support bond issues; Allocation of construction funds to school districts.
- Los Angeles School Board Seeks Construction Bond. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Los Angeles voters will be asked to support a U.S. $3.87 billion bond issue next year to renovate and build new classrooms. The school board of the Los Angeles Unified School District agreed unanimously last month to put the bond issue on the March 2 ballot. Under the plan, the 750,000-student...
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Sets Debt Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/8/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33841, p5
The article reports that Judson Independent School District in Texas is seeking for an approval of bond package of 83 million U.S. dollars for the construction of two schools.
- ARIZONA 5/29-6/5. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/14/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 18, p73
This article reports on a project to construct a science and technology building at Arizona State University in Tempe in 2007. The project, estimated to cost between $35 million and $65 million, includes construction of a building between 110,000 square feet and 180,000 square feet. Mohammad...
- Arizona State University to 'Speed' $34 Million Deal. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;6/29/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33341, p3
The article reports on the 34 million dollars of taxable and tax-exempt bonds issued by the Arizona Board of Regents as part of the state's "Speed" stimulus program in 2010 for the improvements of Arizona State University.