Municipals End Firm, Treasuries Up; King County, Wash., Sells $125 Million
- Latest Municipal Cuts Worry Street. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p11
Focuses on the key concern of the market participants in the municipal bond market. Functions of fixed income staff in bond trading; Reduction of public finance department; Issuance of muni bond.
- Bond fund outflows reach new highs as QE doubts persist. Jackson, Gary // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/18/2013, p23
The article reports on the development of bond funds in Great Britain. It mentions that the investors contributed 14.45 billion dollars from fixed income with the redemptions in high yield, intermediate term and municipal bond funds. It focuses on the outflow of mortgage backed and long term...
- Municipals get a lift from govies; Indiana, Ohio deals priced, repriced. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on February 17, 1999. Performance of municipal bonds; Decline of the fixed-income markets; Pricing of Indiana Health Facilities Finance Authority's hospital revenue bonds; Restructuring of the Ohio Housing Finance Authority's...
- In a hi-tech age, smiling and dialing are still key to keeping clients happy. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;12/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30546, p26
Stresses the need for people in the municipal bond industry to develop their telephone skills. Fixed Income Securities Inc. president Jim Dillahunty's development of a seminar teaching basic telephone skills; Benefits of having good telephone skills.
- Five ways to beat low interest rates in today's fixed-income market. Pedace JR., Frank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/19/98, Vol. 205 Issue 7, p41
Recommends investment portfolios in the fixed-income market in the United States. Retail preferred stocks; Callable agency securities; Better-quality high-yield corporate bonds; Higher-quality tax-free municipals; Consideration of a laddered portfolio structure.
- Players shorten maturities, choose better-value municipals over Treasuries. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p7
Reports on the preference of US West retail investors for municipal bonds over Treasury issues. Comparison of the yields of these two types of fixed-income securities; Objectives in shortening maturities; Bond Idaho Water Resource Board's floatation of insured revenue bonds.
- The Muni E-bond Revolution. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p67
Deals with the offering and trading of fixed-income securities and municipal bonds on the Internet in the U.S. Benefits of trading the bonds on the Internet; Traditional way to trading and issuing the bonds; Impact of the electronic revolution in the bond markets on the underwriting community.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;12/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32269, p42
The article reports on the municipal bond activities in the New York. The New York State Government Finance Officers' Association Long Island Region will host a Holiday Seminar followed by a cocktail reception at the Melville Marriott. Also, the Bond Market Association presents its tenth annual...
- Hunt for yield might lead pension funds to taxable muni debt. BAERT, RICK // Pensions & Investments;7/8/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p6
The article looks at investment strategies for institutional investors, as of 2013. It cites U.S. taxable municipal bonds as a fixed-income investment option that can offer higher yields than other fixed-income investments. It reports that the Alaska Retirement Management Board is the first...