Utah Issuer Settles With IRS Over $200M School Offering
- IRS Conducts 6700 Audit of Muni Issuer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has conducted an audit of a governmental issuer of municipal bonds as of November 12, 2002. Allegations against the governmental issuer in connection with an alleged abusive bond transaction; Description of the tax laws regarding blind pool financing.
- Texas Utility District Cites Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/20/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33352, p5
The article reports on the 5.2 million U.S. dollars of revenue bonds the Cinco Municipal Utility District No. 1 near Houston, Texas has issued in 2002 to reimburse the construction costs for several water supply projects and the notice received by the MUD from the Internal Revenue Service...
- Muni bond issuers are in for an enforcement shock. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p64
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service is actively auditing tax-exempt municipal bonds in the United States. Comments from Marcus Owens, the director of the Exempt Organizations Division; Reasons for the audit of the bonds.
- IRS appeal proposal gets included in reform bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p1
Reports that municipal bond groups in the United States are optimistic after a proposal to enable issuers to appeal an Internal Revenue Service determination that their bonds are taxable. Proposal that will drive down demand for municipal bonds; Declaratory judgement procedures applicable to...
- IRS officials address controversy under a cloak of anonymity. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p11
Presents an overview of the municipal bond yield-burning investigation and the role of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials in municipal bond enforcement. IRS officials involved in municipal bond enforcement; Includes Marcus S. Owens and IRS commissioner Charles O. Rossotti;...
- IRS looks for yield burning in 22% of 206 ongoing muni bond audits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p1
Examines the practice of yield burning revealed by an investigation made by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on tax-exempt bonds. Mechanism of yield burning; Transactions that may be taxable by the IRS; Determination of the degree of compliance by the municipal bond market on government...
- Fairmont, W. Va. settles with IRS over `window refunding' charges. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p5
Reports that the city of Fairmont, West Virginia has settled with the US Internal Revenue Services (IRS) on charges that the city violated arbitrage rules of the tax code in connection with sewer refunding sale. IRS' investigation into the window refunding structure of the bond sale; Terms of...
- Moorhead, Miss., settles with IRS. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/06/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30552, p3
Reports on the city of Moorhead, Mississippi's announcement that it has paid the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in order to keep its 1995 Urban Renewal Revenue notes from being declared taxable. Sources of funds paid to the IRS.
- 1RS Auditing $105 Million of North Las Vegas Bonds. Depaul, Jennifer // Business Journal (Central New York);6/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the 105 million dollars of general obligation limited-tax building bonds audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service issued by the North Las Vegas, Nevada in June 2006.