Rendell, Casey Face Off
- Cashkrieg. // Time;10/21/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p47
The article focuses on Milton J. Shapp and Raymond P. Shafer, gubernatorial candidates for the 1966 Pennsylvania elections. It states that Shapp, who is a member of the Democratic Party, had an advantage over Shafer as he spent millions of dollars for his electoral campaign. On the other hand,...
- Battle of the Socialites. // Time;3/9/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p25
The article discusses the political rivalry between socialites Richardson Dilworth and William Scranton for the governorship of Pennsylvania. Dilworth, who resigned after six years as mayor of Philadelphia to seek the nomination was nominated by the Democrats while Scranton, a 1st first-term...
- PENNSYLVANIA GOP BATTLING A JINX. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;3/9/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p718
Reports on the gubernatorial candidacy of Ed Rendell and Bob Casey Jr. in Pennsylvania. Political career of the electoral candidates; Social issues raised by the two candidates; Discussion on the political history of Pennsylvania.
- Key Race in The Keystone State. Martin, Harold H. // Saturday Evening Post;10/13/1962, Vol. 235 Issue 36, p15
Focuses on the political showdown of gubernatorial candidates between Senator William Scranton and former Philadelphia mayor Richardson Dilworth in Pennsylvania. Comparison of Scranton and Dilworth; Career development of both candidates; Views on the author on the stand of Scranton and Dilworth...
- The Remaining Top 10 States: Pennsylvania. // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p25
Reports on the level of gay political involvement in Pennsylvania as of March 6, 1984.
- Pennsylvania. // Human Events;9/18/93, Vol. 53 Issue 38, p12
Reports on the efforts by Grand Old Party activists in Pennsylvania to restore the majority in the state senate they lost in the fall of 1992. Republican State Senator Frank Pecora's vote with the Democrats for control of the Senate; Republicans' unsuccessful attempt to have Pecora's seat...
- HOW'S YOUR POLITICAL I.Q.? // Human Events;5/7/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 16, p18
A quiz concerning politics in Pennsylvania is presented.
- Pennsylvania. // Human Events;11/13/93, Vol. 53 Issue 46, p16
Reports on the results of the November 2, 1993 local elections in Pennsylvania. Republican Party candidate for the state legislature Bruce Marks's lead over Democrat Bill Stinson; Victory of former Philadelphia District Attorney Ron Castille over Democrat Russell Nigro as state supreme court...
- Budget Outline Emerges in Pennsylvania. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;11/11/2015, p6
The article mentions that the Pennsylvania Government Tom Wolf and lawmakers has launching budget outline including sales tax, property tax, and included the extra $350 million for basic education in fiscal 2016, $50 million for special education, and $5 million for higher education.