S&P Hits New Ohio Budget With Negative Outlook
- More Budget Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p31
Reports that Governor Bob Taft plans to announce the next phase of budget cuts in Ohio. Decision of state officials to increase their estimates for budget deficits; Amount of budget deficit; Release of the figures by budget director Tom Johnson.
- What's the plan? // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10
Criticizes the administration of Ohio's governor Bob Taft for the budget deficit faced by the state. Comparison between Bob Taft and his opponent Tim Hagan; Steps ought to have been taken by the Taft administration for solving the budget deficit; Indications of the governor for the need to...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p10
Focuses on the plan of Ohio Governor Bob Taft on the solution of the budget deficit in the state. Proposal of the tax incentive package; Criticisms on the increase of cigarette tax; Issue of tax burden in business.
- Blackwell Seeks to Repeal Ohio's Republican Tax Hike. Freddoso, David // Human Events;10/20/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the effort of Republican Secretary of State Ken Blackwell to repeal a two-year tax package introduced by Ohio Governor Bob Taft in 2003. Budget deficit posted by the state; Factor which contributed to the budget deficit; Revenue projections from the tax hike; Criticisms against the...
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.
- Analysts Decry Officials' Inaction in Face of Connecticut's Growing Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p27
Reports on financial analysts' criticism of Connecticut state officials for failing to tackle the state's growing fiscal deficit as of January 2003. Increase in the projected deficit for the state's 2003 budget; Inability of the state legislature to work out a solution to reduce the deficit;...
- A Mile-High Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the shortfall in the fiscal year 2004 budget of Colorado. Factors contributing to the deficit; Total revenues to be generated by the state as of 2003; Impact of the revenue to be generated on the state's General Assembly.
- ILLINOIS: Cook's Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on measures taken to eliminate budget deficits in the fiscal year 2002 by the officials of Cook County, Illinois. Introduction of budget by the government for 2002; Provisions of the budget.