- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p47
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of March 2002. Issuance of the bill for the certificates of participation to fund prison facilities; Increase of the city hotel tax; Use of bond proceeds.
- Muni Pros Ponder What a Tax Cut Would Mean to Market. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31072, p6
Focuses on the possible effects of tax cuts on the bond market in the United States. Use of tax as stimulus for demand; Political and legislative developments related to taxation.
- Survey finds strong public support for more technology in schools. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;07/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p8
Presents the survey results conducted among American voters indicating that voters would support a federal tax increase if it were earmarked for computers and other technology for schools in the United States. Advantages of technological schools over other schools; Using tobacco, corporate and...
- Stealing From Kids. Weissman, Robert // Multinational Monitor;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1/2, p9
Provides information on a report from the National Education Association which analyzed the impact of property tax abatements and tax increment financing on school funding in the U.S. Percentage of local property taxes constituting local education funding; Factors that make it impossible to...
- Colorado Rejects Tax Hike. Saunders, Sarah // Human Events;11/7/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 38, p6
The article reports that proposition 103 which proposes a temporary increase in individual and corporate tax rates and sales tax until 2016 for the state's education funding has been rejected by voters in Colorado.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p29
Reports developments related to bond issues in the United States as of November 2000. Rate for the tax allocation bond proceedings of Davis Redevelopment Agency; Amount of money needed for the development of a state college; Launch of the concourse project for air travelers.
- Turn on the HEET for education. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the health and education exclusion trust (HEET) used by individuals to help in financing their grandchildren's college educations or to pay for their medical expenses, presents tax strategy for same and gift-tax provisions for same.
- Better Dividend Plans? Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p1
U.S. municipal bond market would face less of a threat from proposals to exclude dividends from income taxes than under President George Bush's proposal to fully exempt certain dividends from taxation, according to tax experts. Their comments came after the House Ways and Means chairman Bill...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32985, p5
The article provides information on the "Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. The proposed legislation for Build America Bonds Act includes the authorization given to nonprofit entity for the issuance of taxable credit bonds. The legislation intends to improve transportation...