Missouri Hits Market With Rare Deal, Looks Ahead to Tobacco Securitization
- IRS Gives School District Flexibility In Conflict of State and Federal Rules. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p5
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service granted flexibility to an issuer who faced a conflict between violating federal hedge-bonds stated in a private-ruling letter in the U.S. Evaluation of hedge bond rules; Allocation of bond proceeds to expenditures over a three-year period; Issuance of...
- Kansas Plans Record $500 Million Deal to Patch Pension Fund Hole. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p3
Reports on the trading of taxable revenue bonds by the Kansas city government. Restoration of the underfunded state pension fund; Increase of the state's contributions to the pension system; Decline of state revenue.
- St. Louis Convention Center Makes First Payment From Generated Revenue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p4
The article reports that the revenues generated by the Saint Louis convention center hotel complex has fully covered a $3.5 million interest payment owed on June 15, 2007 to holders of $98 million of senior-lien revenue bonds issued for the project in Illinois. The payment marked a first for the...
- D.C. Mayor's Budget Has $910M of Bonds. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32594, p1
The article reports on the proposed $5.57 billion budget plan for fiscal 2008 initiated by District of Columbia Mayor Adrian M. Fenty. The budget includes the issuance of $909.6 million of bonds, in which most of it would be general obligation debt. The budget amount refers to locally generated...
- Moody's, S&P Eye Kentucky. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p1
Reports the downgrading of the rating of Kentucky for its appropriation-backed debt. Notice received by the state; Failure to enact a binary budget on outstanding lease-backed bonds; Effect of downgrading on the lease appropriation-backed debt of the state.
- Iowa County Board Gives Sale Go-Ahead, Avoids Ballot Box. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p4
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds for financing an arena and convention center in Des Moines, Iowa. Details on the petition drive for a referendum; Anticipation on the use of gaming revenues from a country-owned casino for debt repayment; Accounts on the awarding of state by Iowa...
- Delaware Governor Announces Cuts to Plug $95 Million Hole. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p4
Reports the announcement of Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the first round budget cuts for the fiscal year in Delaware. Release of reduced revenue forecast; Implementation of budget resolution to formulate spending plan; Refunding of the outstanding bonds.
- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p3
Reports the economic recession in Miami and Dade County in Florida. Estimate of the funds needed for economic recovery; Proposition of capital program and bond auction strategies; Identification of the sectors affected.