Officials Eye $200M of Taxables for California County Toll Agency
- Connecticut's Budget Woes Prompt New Push for Tolls. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;2/4/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33855, p1
The article informs that Connecticut is pushing the restoration of highway tolls after several struggling issues including a backdrop of budget, a raided transportation maintenance fund and less available federal funding. It mentions that the bills associated with the restoration are pending in...
- France puts Ecotax on the back burner. Meczes, Robin // Motor Transport;11/4/2013, p1
The article informs that the French government has declared suspension of its Ecotax road user charging scheme which was to be effective from January 1, 2014 on vehicles over 3.5-tonnes gross vehicle weight (GVW) on 15,000 kilometers (km) of roads without tolls.
- Kent user charge for foreign lorries. // Truck & Driver;Feb2011, p10
The article reports that Kent County Council (KCC), England, is planning to charge foreign trucks using its roads in order to compensate the funding gap from the government.
- State View. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/10/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p8
In this article the author reflects on various issues in Texas including toll taxes, an ongoing battle of taxpayers to the government to keep the freeways toll-free, and I-35 corridor improvement that helps modernise new MY35 project.
- ROAD PRICING -- THAT THE TRANSPORT COMMITTEE SAID. // Commercial Motor;10/9/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5301, p32
The article focuses on the issue underpinning the road pricing proposals in Europe. German Democrat Georg Jarzembowski, says that the new pricing is a way of raising more taxes by making transport more expensive. In relevance, British Labor Party minister Brian Simpson supports the idea that all...
- Month's reprieve for German toll. // Commercial Motor;1/8/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5061, p12
Announces that the German government has given Toll Collect, the operator of the LKW-Maut truck toll scheme a one month reprieve before canceling its contract following emergency talks. Reason behind the contract cancellation deadline facing Toll Collect; Comments from a Toll Collect spokesman.
- Harris Co., Tex., Selling $350 Million. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p1
The article reports on the plan of Harris County to issue $350 million of senior-lien toll road revenue bonds with maturities stretching to 40 years in Texas. It states that the negotiated deal lead by Goldman, Sachs & Co. comes on the credit boost to Aa3 from A1 by Moody's Investors Service and...
- Metropistas Prices with Juicy Coupon. Clouse, Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;8/12/2013, p3
The article reports on the move of the public-private partnership Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico LLC (Metropistas) to issue $345 million in senior secured notes in Puerto Rico. It mentions the banks that will handle the transaction in which the 22-year final life transaction is priced...
- TxDOT Asks U.S. DOT For $1.62B. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32447, p1
The article reports on the request made by the Texas Department of Transportation for an allocation from the U.S. Department of Transportation to issue a multimillion-dollar in tax-exempt private-activity bonds under a demonstration program that finances a toll road to be built by one of four...