Desiring Streetcars in Fort Worth: Transit Committee Approves Plan
- Taken for a ride? It's not the end of the line. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;12/13/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p39
The author comments on the decision of the members of the Fort Worth City Council in Texas to end the proposed project that focused on the establishment of a modern streetcar line from the Near North Side through downtown on December 7, 2010.
- Fort Worth streetcar plans move forward. WIMMER, LESLIE // Fort Worth Business Press;1/18/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p21
The article provides an update about the progress in streetcar plans for the Fort Worth area in Texas.
- A history of streetcars once desired. TRONCHE, JOHN-LAURENT // Fort Worth Business Press;9/29/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p19
The article discusses the history of streetcars in Fort Worth, Texas. The entry notes that Fort Worth had one of the better streetcar systems in the U.S. in the 1930s, and were able to serve the city's far areas such as Arlington Heights, Riverside, and Meacham Field during the mid-1920s. It...
- Streetcars open up opportunities for developments. Wimmer, Leslie // Fort Worth Business Press;8/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p18
This article deals with the plan to add streetcars along Fort Worth's roads in Texas. The Streetcar Study Committee was formed in July 2008 to research the practicality of bringing a new streetcar system to Fort Worth. It concludes that adding streetcars may not only increase mobility and help...
- Making tracks. Langenhennig, Susan // New Orleans Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p30
Examines the plans to replace the buses with streetcars in New Orleans, Louisiana. Positive reception by many area merchants; Anticipation of more tourist traffic after the shift to streetcars; Feeling of the elders about the plan.
- A streetcar named Canal. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p11
Reports on the construction of the Canal Streetcar project in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The T plans public hearings on the bus system's new `spine' route. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;09/19/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p5
Reports on September 19, 1997 that public meetings will be held in Forth Worth, Texas to educate the public on the bus routes and schedules. Increasing public transportation usage throughout the city; Comments from John Bartosiewicz, general manager of Fort Worth Transportation Authority;...
- Mobility plan rolls forward with rail, transit, highways and tolls. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;10/24/97 Supplement Alliance Region, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on plans put in place to help with the transportation problems in North Fort Worth and Northeast Tarrant County, Texas, due to an increase in business in that area. Comments from Michael Morris, director of transportation for the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NTCOG);...
- Streetcar group rolling forward. WIMMER, LESLIE // Fort Worth Business Press;9/29/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p1
The article discusses the plans of the Streetcar Study Committee of the Fort Worth City Council for 2008. The entry notes that the committee has chosen to use the modern streetcar for Fort Worth because of its comfort, durability and technology. It cites that the committee has also determined...