Munis Gain, Treasuries Turn Mixed; $1.7 Billion N.Y. MTA Offering Sells
- Bronx Property Sale Gets $30.5M for MTA Capital Program. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that Bronx city, New York and the New York City Economic Development Corp. has announced that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority will receive 30.5 million U.S. dollar fund for its capital program through the sale of foot retail complex in Bronx, as of November 2013.
- Stringer: Strong First Quarter for N.Y. City. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;5/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34305, p1
New York City's economy avoided the first-quarter stall that has the national economy in four of the past six years, said Comptroller Scott Stringer.
- NEW YORK: Get in Line. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Reports on the expected sales of municipal bonds in New York City. Approval of the refinancing plan of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Amount of bonds to be issued by the Empire State Development Corp.
- MTA Issue Will Include Taxable Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports the proposed 14 billion-dollar debt-refinancing scheme of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York, New York. Details on the upcoming plan; Effects of offering taxable bonds; Interest of the European market to acquire the American municipal bonds.
- MTA adds `spring' to sale of last bonds from current capital plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p3
Reports on the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority's plan to sell the remaining portion of its municipal bond issue as of February 8, 2000. Details of the planned bond issue; Structuring of the bond around a springing amendment.
- Outer-Borough Voices: Overhaul MTA Financing. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
MTA officials heard Staten Island officials and residents tell them that they and other outer boroughs are shortchanged.
- N.Y. MTA Plans to Sell $600M of Rans Backed by New Payroll Tax. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p3
The article reports that New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is preparing to enter the market with about $600 million of revenue anticipation notes. The bonds will be the first deal backed by a new payroll tax, which enacted by the state in May 2009 as part of a bailout of the...
- N.Y. MTA to Sell $600M; Capital Plan Heading to Review Board. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p24
The article reports on the plan of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell up to 600 million dollars of transportation revenue bonds in September 2009. It states that the bonds were issued with a 30-year maturity at 5.5%. It notes that the finance committee has approved...
- N.Y. MTA To Refund Some ARS. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/26/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32823, p1
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to use $430 million of the proceeds of $1 billion of bonds that was closed to refund part of its $2.4 billion of auction-rate securities which is currently outstanding. According to the report, MTA sent out...