Suozzi's Plan for Long-Troubled Nassau County, N.Y., Approved
- Nassau OKs Budget Cuts to Win Bailout. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Reports that Nassau County, New York, and New York State lawmakers have apparently agreed on a package of cuts to the county's budget that should allow it to begin benefiting from a state bailout package. Concern about the county's credit rating.
- $3.6M restored to youth service programs in Nassau Co. // New York Amsterdam News;08/10/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 32, p47
Reports on Nassau County, New York legislator Patrick Williams' announcement of the restoration of funds to the county's Youth Services Budget. Reduction of wasteful government spending; Fostering of programs such as youth development, mentoring, violence prevention, teen pregnancy prevention...
- Judgment Day Looms for Nassau County's Budget Impasse. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31026, p36
Focuses on the budget deadlock in Nassau County, New York. Consequence of the stalemate if it remains unresolved by November 30, 2000; Veto of County Executive Thomas Gulotta on the Democrats' plan; Criticism of Gulotta's sales tax revenue projections.
- Suozzi's sewer authority was no easy sell. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/4/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 28, p34A
Focuses on the political issues faced in Long Island, New York. Importance of the fiscal crisis in Nassau County to the public employees and residents; Campaign of County Executive Tom Suozzi for the state Legislature to give him a Nassau County Sewer and Storm Water Authority; Reluctance of...
- Nassau Co. to cut jobs, raise taxes. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p1
Reports on Wall Street financial professionals' support for the $2.2 billion budget passed by the legislature of Nassau County of New York state. Agreement to cut government jobs and raise property taxes as step in the right direction to fiscal recovery; Lead role of Republican Party...
- Begin planning new Nassau Coliseum now. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/19/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p51A
Focuses on the impact of budget problems on the planned coliseum in Nassau County, New York. Discussions about the coliseum and another full-service hotel when the Millstein/Gluckstern group acquired by the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL); Involvement of NHL president...
- NEW YORK: Crunch Time. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Focuses on the development of a workable plan for financial recovery by Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi in New York for the fiscal year 2002â€“2003. Deadline for the plan; Likelihood of takeover by a state oversight agency.
- Suozzi: Man With a Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p1
Reports on the reaction of the municipal market over Nassau County executive Thomas Suozzi's long-term plan to restore the county's fiscal stability in New York. Effectivity of the plan; Implementation of tax increases; Decrease in spending and union concessions.
- Where there's smoke... // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p5A
Reports on the fund raising activity conducted by the Seaford-Wantagh Democratic Club for Glen Cove, Long Island, New York Mayor Tom Suozzi.