NEWS IN BRIEF
- Muni Prices Steady; Big Apple Priced for Retail. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;6/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34318, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, according to traders, as the New York City general obligation bond issue was set for day two of its retail pricing.
- Massachusetts Deal Uses CPI To Help Investors Beat Inflation. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p1
Reports that Massachusetts has employed general obligation bonds to the consumer price index (CPI) for protection of investors against inflation. Prices of CPI bonds on February 27, 2003; Benefits for investors from the CPI bonds; Aftermaths of the state's decision to use CPI bonds.
- $70 million of muni-CPIs included in Delaware agency's deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p32
Reports on the issuance by the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority of bonds linked to the United States consumer price index (CPI). Use of interest rate swap to avoid assuming CPI liability; Investors' reception of the CPI-linked bonds; List of previous CPI bond issues.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31721, p2
Reports developments related to bond trading in the U.S. as of September 17, 2003. Decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board policymakers not to change federal funds rate; Increase of consumer price index; Decline of the housing market index of the National Association of Home Builders.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Increase in the consumer price index; Average Consumer Price Index; Trade deficit.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in Washington, D.C. as of May 2001. Report of the Labor Department on the increase of consumer prices; Decrease of permit rates for private housing; Efforts of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding issues maturing between November...
- Estimating the user cost of owner-occupied housing. Gillingham, Robert // Monthly Labor Review;Feb80, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p31
Estimates user costs of owner-occupied housing in the consumer price index, using data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Methods of measurement; Estimation problem involved in the case of shelter services provided by owner-occupied homes; Use of internal rate of return on housing to...
- Why New Hampshire must face 'workforce' housing crisis. Berg, Steven H. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p1B
Focuses on the workforce housing crisis in New Hampshire. Increase in the price of ranch-style homes; Percentage of increase in consumer price index; Importance of housing for employees.
- Local Indicators and Consumer Price Index. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar99, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p9
Presents charts on local indicators and consumer price index in South Dakota during 1998. Statistics on housing starts.