Walter Knorr Takes a Bow
- Chicago CFO Walter Knorr reflects on longevity in job. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p27
Profiles Walter Knorr, chief financial officer of Chicago, Illinois. Career history; Responsibilities in the city; Achievements.
- Chicago CFO Walter Knorr has `a lot of fun' just doing his job. Shields, Yvette; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Profiles Chicago chief financial officer Walter Knorr. Personal background; Educational attainment; Career history; Other business activities.
- Chicago CFO Knorr Leaves For Salomon. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p1
Reports on the resignation of Walter Knorr, chief financial officer of Chicago, Illinois. Recruitment into Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as managing director; Reason for departure; Career background.
- Government. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/02/96, Vol. 19 Issue 36, pWW14
Presents a list of elected officials, agency heads and staff in federal, regional and government in Chicago, Illinois. Includes Paul Simon; Mary Keefe; John Smith.
- Ready for reform? Start with a full-time council. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/23/97, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p10
Opinion. Looks at the wages of city workers in Chicago. Members of the City Council highly paid; What city dwellers should demand from their Aldermen; Threat of corruption in the state; How much heads of city departments make.
- Training workers in trying times. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p13
Profiles Jackie Edens, commissioner of the Mayor's Office of Workforce Development in Chicago, Illinois. Responsibility in training technology workers at local companies; Grant received from the government for the training program; Technology professionals undergone the training.
- Chicago may forgo insurance on new revenue deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p3
Focuses on Chicago, Illinois finance officials' consideration of proposals to bring two water and sewer deals to market without insurance. Endorsements from the City Council's Finance Committee; Moody's Investors Service's rating on the city's water debt.
- Jack must be nimble as zoning czar. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;08/16/99, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p12
Profiles Jack Swenson, deputy commissioner for zoning in the Chicago, Illinois, Department of Planning and Development. Duties and responsibilities of the position; Educational background; Career highlights; Views on the obsession of Mayor Richard Daley's administration with architectural...
- Region's act together, but for how long? Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p3
Reports the argument on the relocation of Boeing Co. among public officers in Chicago, Illinois. Threat of state officials to block the runway development of O'Hare International Airport; Effects of the relocation on the state projects; Impact of the incentive package offered to Boeing to move...