- Rise in director disqualifications. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Oct98, p13
Focuses on a report from Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) which underlined the increase in director disqualifications in the second quarter of 1998. Notable cases cited by the DTI; Comparison from the 1997 statistics.
- Consumer sovereignty. Boulding, Peter // Public Finance;04/17/98, p23
Presents information on the report `A Fair Deal for Consumers: Modernizing the Framework for Utility Regulation,' which focuses on the review of the utility regulation by the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain. Adoption of the duty of regulators to protect the interest of...
- BPIF cool on IoD broadside about DTI 'shortcomings' // Printing World;9/9/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the dispute between the Institute of Directors (IoD) and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Great Britain. British Printing Industries Federation's (BPIF) explanation on its relationship with the IoD and the DTI; Criticisms of the IoD against the DTI; BPIF-sponsored...
- Global views overcapacity. Hayes, Rod // Printing World;3/25/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the performance of the printing industry highlighted in the Global Mission report in Great Britain. Suggestion to deal with overcapacity in the sector; Sponsorship of the Department of Trade and Industry to the report.
- Better payment guide. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;May98, p10
Presents information on the manuals titled `Better Payment Practice: a guide to credit management,' and `Better Payment Practice Group,' from Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry. What the guides can provide; Comments from Small Firms Minister Barbara Roche; Other measures...
- Government plans review of company law. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;May98, p15
Focuses on a consultation document published by Margaret Beckett of Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry which sets out the government's plan for a major review of company law. Comments from Beckett; Availability of the document titled `Modern Company Law for a Competitive Economy.'
- DTI consults on legislation to improve competition in the POMS market. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;2/26/2005, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p262
Reports that the draft legislation that will implement the recommendation made by the Competition Commission in its report on the supply of veterinary prescription-only medicines has been published for consultation by the British Department of Trade and Industry. Need for veterinary surgeons to...
- Winding up-- publishing company operated against public interest. // Accountancy;Sep77, Vol. 88 Issue 1009, p17
This article presents a case of a publishing company which operated against the public interest in Great Britain in 1977. A company which published directories solicited entries for which payment had to be made. It operated on the basis of using the money it received in respect of entries...
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. // People Management;2/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p15
Presents update on employee relations in Great Britain. Publication of a consultation paper on statutory trade union recognition procedures by the Department of Trade and Industry; Demands of unions to raise the national minimum wage.