PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Random's Pfuhl Heads Back to Germany. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the assignment of Jeorg Pfuhl as chief executive officer (CEO) of Random House (RH) Continental Europe and Latin America as well as chairman and CEO of the company's German-language publishing group. Details on his duties; Information on a memo issued by RH chairman Peter Olson.
- New Houghton Mifflin CEO to Push Internet. // Electronic Education Report;06/21/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p2
Reports the appointment of Hans Gieske to the position of chief executive officer for Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Job responsibilities; Career history; Achievements and accomplishments.
- Hans free with the Webb. Tunbridge, Nat // Information World Review;Jan2000, Issue 154, p6
Comments on the views of Hans Gieskes, chief executive officer (CEO) of LEXIS-NEXIS and European Director Jon Webb, on the European online information market. Devaluation of online information; Trend in a free-content model.
- LEXIS-NEXIS' new chief. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Presents an interview with Hans Gieskes, who was appointed president and chief executive officer (CEO) of LEXIS-NEXIS company, which focused on his appointment. Background information on Gieskes.
- Lexis-Nexis names new CEO. // Online;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
Announces the appointment of Hans Gieskes as president and chief executive officer of Lexis-Nexis. Who does he succeed; Career information on Gieskes; Background information on the company.
- Pfuhl Appointed President Of Random House Inc. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the promotion and appointment of several employees at Random House Inc. as of November 2001. Promotion of Y.S. Chi to chairman of Random House Asia; Appointment of Jeorg Pfuhl as president; Selection of Don Weisberg as executive vice president for Random North America.
- CEO to Push Houghton Mifflin to Internet. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p5
Announces the appointment of Hans Gieskes as chief executive officer of U.S.-based educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. Retirement of chairman, chief executive officer and president Nader Darehshori; Development of new businesses; Career history.
- Lexis-Nexis CEO leaves after revamp. // B to B;04/10/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p46
Cites Hans Gieskes' resignation as president and chief executive officer of the Lexis-Nexis Group. Reorganization of parent company Reed Elsevier PLC; Search for Gieskes' replacement.
- What's Ahead for 1999? Gieskes, Hans Th. J.E. // Information Today;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Presents the predictions of six information industry leaders about the direction of electronic information services in 1999. Hans Th. J.E. Gieskes, of LEXIS-NEXIS; Jay Jordan, of OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.; Roy Tennant, of the University of California, Berkeley; Anthea Stratigos,...