Research Reveals Romance Readers Are Richer Than Expected--Plus Other Surprises From Borders' Project
- Escaping satiation (Book). // Journal of Consumer Policy;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p288
Reviews the book 'Escaping Satiation. The Demand Side of Economic Growth,' edited by Ulrich Witt.
- INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE SALES CONTINUE UPWARD TREND. Graves, Pamela // Giftware News;Aug2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p93
Reports on the growth in sales of independent bookstores in the U.S. in 2004. Consumer demand for books; Market condition of the children's book sector.
- Money is no object. Hayward, Martin // Director;Jun2001, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p47
Discusses the changes in consumer spending in Great Britain as of June 2001. Description of consumer desires in the past; Evidences of the search for satisfaction in new consumer areas; Information on the book `Hierarchy of Needs,' by Abraham Maslow which outlines human behavior's natural...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Consumer Books in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/ 6/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts are presented depicting forecasts for latent demand for consumer books in Japan for 2009-14 including a chart on latent demand by year, another on cities sorted by rank and a chart on cities sorted alphabetically.
- Spring lamb trade kicks off with record prices. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;5/13/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p24
The article reports that a new season lamb trade made a strong start in Great Britain auction markets as producers capitalize on record market prices as of May 2011. Throughput at auction markets was up 80% over May 2010, while 75,696 new season lambs were sold in April, up 60% in 2010 according...
- Penny Machines Sought by Collectors. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the increase in the demand for souvenir penny machines from collectors. Number of people who will use the Penny Men's machines in 2004; Number of souvenir penny books to be sold in 2005; Features of the penny machine.
- MURDER AT THE MARGIN (Book). Samuels, Warren J. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Dec78, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p970
Reviews the book "Murder at the Margin," by Marshall Jevons.
- A Monetary Approach to Systems of Demand Equations. Pikkemaat, G. // De Economist (0013-063X);Oct1986, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p392
Reviews the book "A Monetary Approach to Systems of Demand Equations," by Bernhard Bï¿½hm.
- Improving Energy Demand Analysis. Van Oostvoorn, F. // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec1986, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p522
Reviews the book "Improving Energy Demand Analysis," edited by P. C. Stern.