- Meat consumers of the future. Uetz, Michael // National Provisioner;Apr2012, Vol. 226 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the several strategies of meat industry to understand the future customers and communicate effectively with them. It is mentioned that, processors and their research & development (R&D) departments should take effective methods to meet the ever changing demand of consumers....
- Research impact assessment. Kostoff, Ronald N. // Business Economics;Jan1993, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p44
Describes the evaluation of research impact by the federal government for research selection, review and ex-post research assessment. Identification of the strengths and weaknesses of methods used; Summary of the report `Research Impact Assessment.'
- Research & development. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p107
Ranks research & development companies in New Jersey by number of researchers in their payroll. Includes Lucent Technologies/Bell Laboratories; Bristol-Myers Squibb; The State University of New Jersey in Rutgers.
- City cash to help fund NeoMed's clinical studies. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p5
Reports the public support in financing the clinical studies of NeoMed Technologies Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio. Amount of the research grant; Promotion of the technology community for economic development; Competition in developing the technology to detect coronary artery disease.
- CROSS-COUNTRY R&D AND GROWTH: VARIATIONS ON A THEME OF MANKIW-ROMER-WEIL. Park, Walter G.; Brat, David A. // Eastern Economic Journal;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p345
Focuses on the effects of research and development (R&D) investments in the divergence and convergence process. Empirical specification; Empirical results; Steady-state equation; Conclusion.
- Tough choices for a tight budget. Metzger, Norman // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p33
Reports that constraints on government research and development spending had made it imperative to identify what programs have the most potential to yield results. Consequences of a constrained federal support for science and technology; Need for clear principles to guide decisions concerning...
- R&D alert. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;6/03/96, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the result of the study `Endless Frontier, Limited Resources,' stating that the United States is losing its research and development (R&D) leadership. Convergent forces relating to the plunge in the nation's R&D; Shifting search away from central laboratories; Need to channel...
- Physics roundtable: Reinventing our future. // Physics Today;Mar94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the implications of military security being replaced by economic security as the factor in setting research and development policies as discussed by roundtable participants. Susan N. Coppersmith; Peter M. Eisenberger; Anthony M. Johnson; Neal F. Lane; Patricia McBride; Duncan T....
- Coming asset shuffle slows the R&D dance. Makansi, Jason; Jones, Cate // Power;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p41
Focuses on Research and Development contracts (R&D) in investments pertaining to the energy industry. Situations that powerplant R&D encounters; Statistics according to a report in October, 1997 by the Public Utilities Fortnightly; Discussion on R&D for emissions control mentioning Phase II of...