Desmond donation row exposes Labour prudes
- EDITOR'S CHOICE. The BMJ and sponsorship. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/1/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7947, p1
The article discusses the results of a September 2013 survey of whether the "British Medical Journal" should accept sponsorship for some of its content and activities. Topics discussed include majority of responses showed negative attitude towards allowing sponsors to have input or to take part...
- Dues Payment and Address Changes. // Tradition & Discovery;2012/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p3
The article presents information on a scheme, under which readers who get the membership of the periodical "Tradition & Discovery" (TAD) can make donations to the Polanyi Society.
- Editorial. Ünlü, Cihat // Journal of the Turkish-German Gynecological Association;Jun2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, preceding p63
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various articles published within the issue including one on the histopathological basis of individually tailored less radical surgery concept in patients with International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)...
- AND US: WHERE ARE WE GOING? de Fátima Mantovani, Maria // Cogitare Enfermagem;jul-sep2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p434
No abstract available.
- Should medical journals publish sponsored content? YES. Wedzicha, Jadwiga A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/1/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7947, p18
The article argues in favor of allowing medical journals to receive funds from drug companies or other organisations to publish articles. The arguments include the importance of dissemination of medical knowledge to healthcare professionals, sponsorship covering the costs of producing and...
- Should medical journals publish sponsored content? NO. Steinbrook, Robert; Kassirer, Jerome P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/1/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7947, p18
The authors argue against allowing medical journals to receive funds from drug companies or other organisations to publish articles. The arguments include owners of medical journals to encourage editors to add lucrative sponsored content to boost profit, medical publishing jeopardize by free...
- (SPECIAL OFFER) Free Grants Guru Volume to be Released This Fall. // Children & Youth Funding Report;7/31/2009, p18
The article presents an offer for subscribers of the journal "Children & Funding Report." As stated, all subscribers will receive a free copy of the forthcoming book, The Best of Grants Guru, Volume I in 2009's fall. The book will excerpt advice from the Grants Guru column. Other information on...
- Publication bias: What are the challenges and can they be overcome? Joober, Ridha; Schmitz, Norbert; Annable, Lawrence; Boksa, Patricia // Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience;May2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p149
The authors offer information on the concept of publication bias and the dangers associated with it in terms of harming the health of millions of people. The ethical duty of researchers is to publish both positive and negative outcomes in an equitable manner without any form of bias. Several...
- EDGEwise. . . McKinney, Lisa // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 34, p2
The article covers various topics in Edgewood, Texas as of August 24, 2006. Mrs. Maureen Mayer has donated a truck to the Edgewood Fire Department. The lessons learned from school are enumerated. An appeal for contributions to the periodical "Edgewood Enterprise."