Jazz FM falls to Guardian Media Group
- Guardian increases its bid to control Jazz FM. // Music Week;6/15/2002, Issue 23, p3
Reports on the decision of Guardian Media Group to raise its takeover offer for Jazz FM, as of June 2002. Reason for the decision; Description of the new offer.
- GMG to drop Jazz brand to widen North West's appeal. // Marketing Week;12/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p13
Offers information on the relaunch of Jazz FM North West radio station by the Guardian Media Group in Great Britain. Strategy to broaden appeal of the radio station; Addition of soul-oriented artists to the playlist.
- Guardian Media Group launches Â£41m bid for Jazz station. // Marketing Week;5/9/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p12
Reports the plan to manage the Jazz FM by Guardian Media Group (GMG) in Great Britain. Share offered by the management in support to frequency modulation shareholder Clear Channel; Discussion of the offer by the board; View of analysts on the plan of GMG to secure the deal.
- STRATEGY VERDICT. Nester, Ross // Media Week;3/11/2008, Issue 1153, p13
The author comments on the plan of Guardian Media Group to relaunch Jazzfm on DAB. The author reveals that the announcement came after GCap has decided to close the Jazz. He mentions that the Jazz was able to establish a large following with 364,000 listeners per week and this only shows that...
- Wheatly plays entrepreneur to harness local radio power. Darby, Ian // Campaign;5/21/2004, Issue 21, p17
Richard Wheatly is looking forward to utilising his radio experience. At first glance, it's hard to see why Richard Wheatly, who so successfully grew and then sold Jazz FM, would want to return to the fray. Wheatly's decision to lead a bid for a group of local radio stations called Radio...
- Hotline: Guardian Media Group in talks with Apax Partners. // Campaign (UK);8/10/2007, Issue 32, p64
The article reports that Guardian Media Group PLC (GMG) is in talks with the private equity company Apax Partners & Co. to launch a 2 billion pounds joint bid for Emap PLC. It is mentioned that Apax is likely to acquire Emap's business-to-business arm, while GMG is reported to be interested in...
- Guardian trades up. // Printing World;8/14/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p13
Reports on publisher Guardian Media Group's acquisition of Trader Media Group.
- Emap to scrap website subscription charges. Reynolds, John // Media Week;11/11/2008, Issue 1186, p5
The article reports on the decision of business-to-business media group Emap to abolish subscription charging in its web sites. The fees will be removed around certain web sites in its effort to encourage new advertisers. Such decision came after the company was acquired by Guardian Media Group...
- Global buys Smooth Radio. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/25/2012, p6
The article reports that Guardian Media Group has been acquired by Global Radio.