FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Light rail construction poses threat to surrounding businesses. Hobbes, Dwight // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/18/2012, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1
The article provides information on the challenges faced by the surrounding businesses due to the construction of the new light rail Metro Transit between Minneapolis and St. Paul in Minnesota.
- Comment. // Orange County Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p71
Presents commentaries of interest to the business sector in Orange County, California. Urban School Assistance Project; Creation of El Toro resuse plan; Light Rail Project.
- Public Comment. Polhill, Dennis; Florquist, Bruce // American City & County;Mar2004, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p10
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "American City & County." "All Aboard," which focused on light rail; Comments on an editorial which focused on local businesses.
- Metrolink reaches Oldham. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2012, p15
The article reports that the light rail services of Manchester Metrolink have expanded into Oldham, England following the opening of a new line from Manchester Victoria on June 13, 2012.
- TRANSPORT THE NSW WAY. // Building Economist;Mar2015, p20
The article discusses how Gladys Berejiklian, New South Wales Minister of Transport, aims to improve the transport system of the state. Topics include the Long Term Transport Master Plan that will assimilate roads, freight, and public transport, and challenges such as congestion and lack of...
- Tenders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/6/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p58
The article offers information on several business opportunities in the Middle East. They include the supply of power transformers as part of the cycle power station III project for West Delta Electricity Production Co., the supply of goods for an avian influenza prevention and control project...
- Seeing the light. Heil, Matthew // Echo Magazine;7/15/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the impact of the construction of light rail on gay business enterprises in Phoenix, Arizona. Actions taken by the Valley Metro Rail to minimize the effect of construction on entrepreneurs; Suggestion of city councilman Tom Simplot for the relocation of gay businesses; Efforts of...
- Downtown concept unveiled. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p13
The article reports on the proposal of the Metropolitan Indianapolis Planning Organization to develop a multimodal system plan for the Mile Square area of downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. The transit agency is generating a plan for bicycle, pedestrian and transit accessibility within the Mile...
- Light rail cut in TfL 10-year plan. // Modern Railways;Dec2008, Vol. 65 Issue 723, p8
The article reports that the 10-year business plan of Transport for London (TfL) has been launched by Mayor of London, England, Boris Johnson. Under the business plan. the transport network of the city will be increased by thirty percent by 2018. Included in the plan are the upgrading of the...