FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Light rail construction poses threat to surrounding businesses. Hobbes, Dwight // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/18/2012, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1
The article provides information on the challenges faced by the surrounding businesses due to the construction of the new light rail Metro Transit between Minneapolis and St. Paul in Minnesota.
- Comment. // Orange County Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p71
Presents commentaries of interest to the business sector in Orange County, California. Urban School Assistance Project; Creation of El Toro resuse plan; Light Rail Project.
- TRANSPORT THE NSW WAY. // Building Economist;Mar2015, p20
The article discusses how Gladys Berejiklian, New South Wales Minister of Transport, aims to improve the transport system of the state. Topics include the Long Term Transport Master Plan that will assimilate roads, freight, and public transport, and challenges such as congestion and lack of...
- Seeing the light. Heil, Matthew // Echo Magazine;7/15/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the impact of the construction of light rail on gay business enterprises in Phoenix, Arizona. Actions taken by the Valley Metro Rail to minimize the effect of construction on entrepreneurs; Suggestion of city councilman Tom Simplot for the relocation of gay businesses; Efforts of...
- Downtown concept unveiled. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p13
The article reports on the proposal of the Metropolitan Indianapolis Planning Organization to develop a multimodal system plan for the Mile Square area of downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. The transit agency is generating a plan for bicycle, pedestrian and transit accessibility within the Mile...
- MICHIGAN: Light-Rail Survey. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p31
Focuses on the plans of the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments to bring light rail to the area. Number of passengers that use the Detroit Department of Transportation systems; Cost of the plan; Survey of commuters to collect information in this area.
- Little engines that still can! Krajick, Kevin; Davidson, Cameron // Smithsonian;Jul98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p73
Looks at short lines, or small segments of railroads that the large companies have abandoned, but which are still in use by private companies or local governments. Number of registered short lines in the United States in 1998; The importance of short lines as 40 percent of freight tonnage still...
- Tren Urbano RFP due in August. // Railway Age;Jul95, Vol. 196 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the slated construction of the Tren Urbano light rail line in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Significance of the line.
- Modern MTA. Sebastian-Coleman, George; Kelly, Jim // Model Railroader;Jan2000, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p56
Features the light rail vehicles operating on the Riverside Line.