N.J. Treasurer: Plan Could Raise $800M
- N.J. Revenues Revised Downward by $589M. // Bond Buyer;5/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31396, p40
Reports on the adjustment of the projected revenues in New Jersey. Reduction in income tax and corporate business tax collections in the state; Statement regarding reserves by treasurer John McCormac; Use of surplus balance by the state.
- Money Man. // Business News New Jersey;1/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Reports the nomination of finance chief John McCormac as state treasurer in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
- Current Corporate and Other Business Entity Income Tax Developments Northeast Region. Meissner, Scott; Wozniak, John; Garvey, Gregg; Demaster, Kimberly // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p47
Reports on the developments in corporate and other business entity income tax in the Northeastern States. State's ability to tax electronic commerce; Policy on collection of corporate income tax; Federal interpretation of business of insurance.
- Current Corporate Income Tax Developments: Midwest Region. Alramahi, Wisam D.; Baumann, Tracy A.; Laux, Rick C.; Pope, Steven J. // Journal of State Taxation;Winter2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p29
Examines the changes and corporate income tax developments in the Middle West region. Information on nexus; Tax filing options of several states; Classes of multistate taxpayer's income; Definition of taxable income.
- The California Franchise Tax Board. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;Winter2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
Discusses the implementation of personal income and corporation tax laws by the California Franchise Tax Board. Explanation of the manufacturers' investment credit (MIC) regulations; Definitions of terms used in the regulations; Rules for determining whether a taxpayer is qualified to claim the...
- The Weighting Game: Formula Apportionment as an Instrument of Public Policy. Anand, Bharat N.; Sansing, Richard // National Tax Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p183
Provides information on a study which proposed an explanation for why states in the United States choose different apportionment formulas for corporate income tax purposes. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Taxation. // Indonesia Country Review;2001/2002, p68
Focuses on corporate income tax rates in Indonesia in 2001. Special rates for petroleum, mining and geothermal firms; Withholding taxes on interest and dividends for those paid to residents and non-residents.
- OVERSEAS TAX DEVELOPMENTS COMPANY RATES. // Accountancy;Apr1968, Vol. 79 Issue 896, p261
Presents a table showing the rates of tax chargeable on the income of companies in various countries as of April 1968. Afghanistan; Argentina; Australia; Austria; Bahamas; Barbados; Basutoland; Singapore; South Africa; Tanzania; Togo.
- Taxation. // Saint Lucia Country Review;2001/2002, p53
Discusses the income tax in Saint Lucia. Corporate income tax; Tax exemptions.