Illinois Assembly Ready to Approve 2003 Budget Plan That Adds $400M
- Illinois Budget Imbroglio: Blagojevich to Meet With Lawmakers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/3/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32891, p1
The article reports on a meeting between Governor Rod Blagojevich and General Assembly leaders in Illinois in an effort to address a projected $2.1 billion deficit in the $59 billion fiscal 2009 operating budget. The session ended without approval of a massive $34 billion capital program pushed...
- III. Gov. Touts Tax, Warns of Doomsday' Budget. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;5/19/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33117, p4
The article reports on the warning of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn if lawmakers refuse to approve his proposed $52.9 billion operating budget. Quinn warns the General Assembly to trim the state's spending by 37% if lawmakers will delay the approval of the proposed operating budget, which would...
- Illinois Budget On Deck. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32689, p1
The article reports on the operating budget to be sent by the Illinois General Assembly to Governor Rod Blagojevich for fiscal 2008 in Chicago, Illinois. The budget has been given initial approval by the U.S. House which includes $2 billion of revenue for schools and various projects. The budget...
- Illinois Lawmakers to Weigh $2.23B of GOs for Pension Payment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/25/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33138, p26
The article reports that the Illinois General Assembly members are going to cast their votes in late June 2009 on the proposal of Governor Pat Quinn for general obligation bonds. It notes that Governor Quinn has proposed and has gained agreement to issue bonds worth $2.23 billion for funding of...
- Budget Impasse in Illinois. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p1
The article reports that the Illinois General Assembly hopes to pass a final spending plan before a scheduled adjournment on May 31, 2008. The legislation will establish a new hospital assessment program to leverage additional federal Medicaid funds, new ethics rules and a restructuring of the...
- Illinois Begins Fiscal Year 2016 without a Budget. Bayliss, Deborah // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;7/8/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the "partial" government shutdown in Illinois as the State operates without a 2016 Fiscal Budget. It discusses the rejection of the 2.3 billion U.S. dollar budget proposed by Democrats in the Illinois Legislature in July 2015, services that will continue to receive funding...
- JOINT COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY: SECOND NOTICES RECEIVED. // Illinois Register;10/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p15312
The article offers information of a meeting of the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules organized by the Illinois.General Assembly to be held on November 13, 2012 at Springfield in Illinois.
- Budget Changes in Illinois But Some Issues Left in Limbo. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/1/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33625, p32
The article reports on the move of Illinois General Assembly in a veto session for the approval of budget changes that will allow seven state facilities to remain open.
- Illinois legislative highlights. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/15/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the one day session of the Illinois General Assembly on November 29, 2011.