Report: State Spending Passed $1 Trillion in 2000
- Hey, big spender. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on issues concerning the public expenditures in Oregon. Details on the proposed spending plan of governor John Kitzhaber for 2001 to 2003; Views of economist Randall Pozdena on the public expenditures of the state and local government; Allocation of funds to the different public services.
- Plea for Rain. // India Today;8/6/2012, p21
The article reports on the spending of the state government of Karnata, India in response to a circular issued by Muzrai (Temples and Endowments) Minister Kota Srinivasa Poojary asking temples to spend money doing special pujas, a Varuna Homa and Jalabhisheka to appease the rain gods.
- Pension Crisis Looms In California. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p1
Reports on the court ruling prohibiting the issuance of pension obligation bonds by the state government in California. Escalation of the government pension obligations; Violation of the state constitutional limits on debt; Pension liabilities of the government.
- CSG Expands Boundaries with Alaska, Hawaii. // State News (Council of State Governments);Mar2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the joining of Alaska and Hawaii in the Council of State Governments (CSG) Western Region in 1959. "State Government News" coverage stated that the first Alaskan state legislature appropriated a $27.6 million general fund budget on April 16, 1959, and that Hawaii became a...
- Expanding Functions of State and Local Governments, 1965-70. Wakefield, Joseph C. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul67, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p9
Examines the expansion of state and local government functions in the United States, during the period 1965-1970. Non-education functions; State and local government purchases for elementary and secondary education; Employment in state and local governments; Highway expenditures for goods and...
- Maryland Plans Hefty BAB Deal Before Subsidy Is Cut. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p6
The article reports on the plan of Maryland's government to sell its largest Build America Bond (BAB) issue worth 400 million dollars. It indicates that the plan of Maryland is intended to take advantage of the subsidy rate for BAB worth 35%. Moreover, it states that the state will also sell its...
- LOWEST AND HIGHEST SPENDING STATES. // American City & County;Aug2012, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p26
This article focuses on an analysis of U.S. state government per-capita spending published by "Government Product News," a sister publication to "American City & County."
- DETERMINANTS OF INTERSTATE VARIATIONS IN CAPITAL AND CURRENT OUTLAY BY STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS. Osman, Jack W. // Annals of Regional Science;Jun69, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p125
Discusses the determinants of interstate variations in capital and current outlay by state and local governments. Capital versus expenditures; Independent variables in expenditure determinants; Determinants of interstate variations by function.
- On the money. Swartz, Nikki // American City & County;Jun2005, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on budgeting for outcomes, a method used by several local and state governments in the U.S., which involves defining their goals then dividing the available funds based on priorities. State and local governments which are already using the method, as of June 2005; Percentage of personal...