Muni Prices End Trading Higher; Virginia County Sells $260M Deal
- Travis County, Tex., Officials Sketch Bond Sale; Some Erasures Expected. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p28
Reports the unveiling of a bond proposal by Travis County officials in Dallas, Texas. Prioritization of economic development projects for the five-year bond package; Coverage of the bond package; Assistance to flood-relief plans.
- STAR changes Sought. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p31
The article reports on Olathe, Kansas officials' call for changes in the state law regarding sales tax revenue bonds that would give them the economic development tools they say they need to build and lease a major league soccer complex. The city leaders have asked the Kansas Senate Commerce...
- Oregon public fund merger sets stage for bigger bond sale. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30215, p24
Cites several reasons behind the appeal of a bond deal offered by the Oregon Department of Economic Development. Competitive sale schedule on September 24, 1997; Department's merging of special public works fund with water-wastewater fund.
- Colorado Voters May Face Growth-Limits Question. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p4
Reports on the likelihood that Colorado voters will face an additional referendum that could in time affect the fiscal health of municipal bond issuers. Petitioners' submission of signatures for a ballot initiative to put strict limits and government control on growth; Debate about the...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p7
A calendar of events related to the municipal bond activities in the U.S. in 2009 is presented including the Mid-Atlantic Women's Public Forum at Events Etc. to be held in Hershey, Pennsylvania on June 3, the Fundamentals of Economic Development Finance Course to be held at the DobubleTree Hotel...
- Delaware EDA to hit market with top deal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p1
Reports on the Delaware Economic Development Authority's floatation of industrial development revenue bonds. Use of the bond proceeds to build a waste-to-energy plant at a Star Enterprise refinery in Delaware City; Investment banks involved in the deal; Volume cap to private-activity allocations.
- Zone bond program's popularity on the rise thanks to changes. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p1
Focuses on the empowerment zone bond program in the United States which aims to finance economic development projects in depressed areas with tax-exempt bonds. Business restrictions on borrowers who benefit from the financing; Benefits on empowerment zone communities; Target on the retail...
- Fitch Raises Boston's GO Rating to AA. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p32
Reports on the rating upgrade of general obligation debt by Fitch Ratings in Boston, Massachusetts. Influence of a strong fiscal management and diverse economic base to the improved rating; Target of the debt service in the fiscal spending.
- California I-Bank Pricing To Re-Position Revolving Fund. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;1/23/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34048, p1
The article informs that the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank are planning to launch bonds worth 97 million U.S. dollars in a combined refunding/new money deal, as of January 2014. It mentions that the raised fund will be used to finance or refinance loans to eligible...